Pls help me i need help updating windows 10

ChrisElitz

Hello so currently i have the Windows 10 pro 10240 which was oldest based on my research because the one who built my pc placed that version idk why.
so what i did was update it from 10240 to 1909 everything went smooth downloaded everything, but there`s one problem after updating it there`s no more internet connection and even when I do some troubleshooting and online solutions it wouldn`t work.
so i went back to 10240 which was slow and i dont really like the interface,afterupdating 10240 the wifi problem is gone and jus tworked like a normal pc
pls help me i really wanted it updated
my specs:
28gb ddr3 1600mhz ram
intel core i5 4670
asus rog strixrx570
ASRock fatal1ty b85 killer

What WiFi card/adapter do you have?

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

I would do this first.

1. Upgrade the drivers for all of your devices.
  2. Then perform the Windows 10 upgrade.

I find that the聽easiest and fastest way to upgrade windows is to download the ISO file. 聽Mount it, then execute the Upgrade from the CMD prompt with some switches that make it fully automated.

1. Open up a CMD prompt as Admin (find CMD Prompt in start menu, right click, Run as Administrator)
  2. And do the following (replace D:\ with whatever letter the ISO mounted as):
CD /D D:\
SETUP /Auto Upgrade /showoobe none /dynamicupdate enable

The above command will start the Windows upgrade in an automated fashion, so once it starts you can walk away.

Option #2 is to slipstream new drivers into the upgrade.

Create a folder named "Drivers" on the C:\ drive.

Download ALL of the drivers for your computer, then extract them into child folders聽on the C:\ drive named C:\Drivers\. 聽When done you should have something like:

C:\Drivers\GFX

C:\Drivers\Chipset....

etc..

Now, mount the ISO and execute the setup.exe program like below. 聽This will tell the windows setup to recursively scan the c:\drivers folder for driver files and it will import those into he driver store. 聽When the machine reboots into the hardware detection phase it will use the drivers found in the c:\drivers folder for anything it finds.

SETUP.exe /Auto Upgrade /ShowOOBE None /dynamicupdate enable /InstallDrivers c:\drivers\

You can find all of the Windows setup.exe switches here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/windows-setup-command-line-options

What do the above switches do?

/Auto Upgrade = Upgrade existing install while keeping all user files and programs.
/ShowOOBE None = Do not show the out of box experience.
/DynamicUpdate Enable = Connect to Windows Update and download the newest updates and slipstream them into the upgrade.
/InstallDrivers [path] = Recursively search the specified path for drivers, and import all found drivers into the Driver Store. 聽These drivers will then be used during the hardware detection phase.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.聽 Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Gaming PC: Ryzen 7 5800x, 32GB,聽Nvidia RTX 3080Ti stuffed into a Corsair 380T.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

2017 Focus RS | Frozen White | Daily Driver

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

8 hours ago, Arika S said:

What WiFi card/adapter do you have?

Killer e2200 Gigabit ethernet controller
and for the wireless usb adaptor it a LB-LING @50mbps nano

I would upgrade the drivers first. 聽If it's not working afterwards then its likely it's not happy with the driver.

Home PC: Apple M1 Mini, 16gb, 1TB, 10Gig-E.聽 Adobe CC and Ripping things + Daily stuff.

Asgard the FreeNAS Plex Server: AMD EPYC 7443p 24 Core, SuperMicro H12SSL-CT Mobo, 256GB DDR4 3200mhz, Norco 4224 Rack Mount. 100TB+ TrueNAS Core.

Toys:

1989 Pontiac TransAm | GM Triple White | Heads/Cammed LT1 + T56 swap | Suspension goodies up the wazoo. | HPDE Weekend Warrior toy.

8 minutes ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

I would upgrade the drivers first. 聽If it's not working afterwards then its likely it's not happy with the driver.

So here's my plan

1.)clean everything using ccleaner

2.)install windows 10

3.)if LAN is not working properly i will install the LAN driver

4)Use DDU

5.)use ccleaner again to clean everything

6.) Install the 2nd latest gpu driver ( if still not working)

If the LAN still did not work i will surrender

If the gpu latest did not work i will install the driver in dvd since it's fine but unlike the latest, the latest is much more better.

Everything would be finish about 12nn utc+8

What do you think of this?

If the only thing that didn't work was the wireless just update your wireless drivers to the most current, then complete the in-place Windows 10 feature upgrade.

No need to do a clean install unless you really WANT to do a clean install.

My machine runs fine, and I haven't clean installed it since I assembled it in 2014. 聽Its been on the same OS for 6 years now and works perfectly fine. 聽Its been through 2 GPU upgrades and multiple Windows updates.

Toys:

11 hours ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

If the only thing that didn't work was the wireless just update your wireless drivers to the most current, then complete the in-place Windows 10 feature upgrade.

No need to do a clean install unless you really WANT to do a clean install.

My machine runs fine, and I haven't clean installed it since I assembled it in 2014. 聽Its been on the same OS for 6 years now and works perfectly fine. 聽Its been through 2 GPU upgrades and multiple Windows updates.

No need for clean install i just have to update my LAN driver then install the win10 update, install wireless wifi adapter, install the latest gpu driver (i updated every driver exept for bios since thats complicated for me) then everything seems to work fine, tomorrow @ 1am utc+8 I'll update all the apps in microsfot store, and everything else i could see that聽 needs聽 updating . Thanks for聽 your help guys

You can download the Win10 ISO file from Microsoft website and re-load the system as Microsoft tips, everything is going on ok. It seems your computer configure is too old, you'd better change for a new one for fast spped.