My first pc build

This was my first pc build ever. It took me two days to finish. I tried聽to stick to a budget around $500. Let me know if there is anything I should have done differently and some tips. Thanks 馃槉

Specs

Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600AF $85

Gpu: Sapphire RX 570 8gb $117

Ram: OLOy 16gb 3000 mhz $68

Mobo: MSI B450 Bazooka $60

Memory: 120gb ssd and 1tb hdd $44

Case: Raidmax ghost t11 $43

PSU: EVGA 600W $45

Other parts

3 Fans with splitter $22

Keyboard and mouse $20

Total: $504 + taxes = $514

Also If anyone knows what I should do with the computer i.e overclocking, cpu/gpu testing etc.

20200507_195540~2.jpg

20200507_194911.jpg

20200507_194155.jpg

Good job! It's a nice first build and this sort of approach should allow you to look at upgrading parts further down the line if that's something you want to do with hving some room for growth with the PSU etc.

In terms of overclocking I'd keep things extremely simple to start with. I'm not sure which聽600w PSU you have and its specs but EVGA is a good brand so that should last. The CPU and mobo are basic so your VRMs won't have much headroom for overclocking when also considering that Ryzen in general doesn't clock too high above stock, not an attack on your setup but just something to bear in mind. Ryzen benefits mostly from tuning your RAM but I'm honestly not sure about the 1600AF and how far you can push it or if DRAM Calculator works for these components. In terms of the program to use, you'd be best with doing things in Ryzen Master for now and when you get more confident, doing things directly in the BIOS.

For the GPU you'll likely have more success, there are some guides online about how to use MSI Afterburner as this will be your go-to program. It's mostly up to you and how you want to go, you can push the system hard but have to deal with more heat, noise and less lifespan for components, you could try the opposite approach and go for silence whilst still overclocking/undervolting etc (same for the CPU) and often get better results than stock.

For testing there are multiple options such as real world and synthetic tests. After changing how a component functions try something like Cinebench for CPU and Unigine for GPU, these will allow you to check your system stability as well as provide a score for how well you did. You can finetune things by pushing things like voltage and clocks up/down to find the sweet spot. After you've found your ideal point of stability/performance/heat etc just test in the games you play or whatever you plan to use the system for and you're done for now.

This is pretty top level information but you can watch Youtube videos on these programs in general to learn how to use them and also search forums for others with similar components and what they managed to do with them, good luck!

Deuteronomy93. Thank you. I will definitely聽try it out and let y'all know how it went. Thanks

10 hours ago, utah960 said:

That's WAY better than my first build, that's for sure.

Nice Job Dude!

Thanks man. I'm pretty sure it took me a long time to finish the build. ( I'm pretty sure it was because I was paranoid and kept grounding myself every minute lol)