HP Workstation and GTX 1660 Ti?

Budget (including currency): not needed

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: A plague tale: innocence, Red dead redemption II, etc

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I want to add an external GPU (GTX 1660 Ti) to my laptop using an EXP GDC part, but I'm not sure if there will be any bottleneck, CPU details in image:
image.png.05f850f3c7e1e83a035d2890ccd270cf.png

and I have 16GB memory running at 1063MHz

I also want to know if my laptop will support that anyways, I currently have a Quadro M600M
My laptop is a HP ZBook 15 G3 2015, 150W

The EXP GDC thing is stupid, don't ruin your laptop for it. It's a gimmick and only worth doing on older laptops with older GPUs.

Just get a desktop or faster laptop.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

The EXP GDC thing is stupid, don't ruin your laptop for it. It's a gimmick and only worth doing on older laptops with older GPUs.

Just get a desktop or faster laptop.

I cannot buy a new laptop/desktop rn

Can't spend that much money, things are too expensive in my country and it took me long to get this laptop

Just now, rockbox said:

I cannot buy a new laptop/desktop rn

Don't buy the EXP then. It is dumb.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Just now, kelvinhall05 said:

Don't buy the EXP then. It is dumb.

Is there another better and cheap way to upgrade my GPU?

44 minutes ago, rockbox said:

Is there another better and cheap way to upgrade my GPU?

What model is your laptop?

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

16 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

What model is your laptop?

sorry forgot to mention it, refresh the post, its the last line

9 minutes ago, rockbox said:

sorry forgot to mention, refresh the post, its the last line

Apparently it supports MXM-A GPUs, so just find one of those that fits your budget and toss it in.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Apparently it supports MXM-A GPUs, so just find one of those that fits your budget and toss it in.

Do they have low power usage and good gaming performance at same time?

8 minutes ago, rockbox said:

Do they have low power usage and good gaming performance at same time?

Depends on the card. You aren't gonna get good battery life if you want good performance and vice versa.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

11 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Depends on the card. You aren't gonna get good battery life if you want good performance and vice versa.

I still find the EXP GDC method easier for me, can you tell me if there will be bottleneck with GTX 1660Ti and i7-6700HQ running at 3.2GHz

1 hour ago, rockbox said:

I still find the EXP GDC method easier for me, can you tell me if there will be bottleneck with GTX 1660Ti and i7-6700HQ running at 3.2GHz

Not sure how having to plug a cable into the mini PCIe intended for your wifi card, running that cable out of your laptop, plugging it into some janky dock with a full-size GPU plugged into it as well as a desktop PSU that has been shorted to work properly is easier than opening up your laptop, unplugging the old GPU, plugging a new one in, and closing it up.

But hey, your call. Just don't come crying here when the EXP doesn't work.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Not sure how having to plug a cable into the mini PCIe intended for your wifi card, running that cable out of your laptop, plugging it into some janky dock with a full-size GPU plugged into it as well as a desktop PSU that has been shorted to work properly is easier than opening up your laptop, unplugging the old GPU, plugging a new one in, and closing it up.

But hey, your call. Just don't come crying here when the EXP doesn't work.

I don't need to get my wifi card out, there as extra unused mini PCIe slot in my laptop

I'm choosing the EXP GDC method because if I use a desktop GPU it will probably have better performance than a mobile one and I don't have a cooler for my laptop