Help, Psu loud after memory install

CrazieChipmunk
Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Probably the fan running faster since you've gone past a certain power threshold

I installed Ram yesterday and replaced my old ram, put then ew ram in the same slot etc made sure it was in, turned pc on and i get greeted with a loud vrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm from my psu so as probably anyone would i panicked waited for it to boot and then shut down, after i turned it back on everything was fine. I have now turned it on today and my psu isnt as loud but louder than it was before i installed the new memory. System is b450 tomahawk, Corsair Vengeance 32gb 3000mhz Ram, cpu r5 3600, gpu rtx 2060 super, psu corsair TX550M.

my theory is that the psu is just outputting more power because of the new ram or just isnt use to it yet but i have no idea what im talking about

Probably the fan running faster since you've gone past a certain power threshold

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

That would probably make sense since its not as loud as before but still louder just the fact that it got extremely loud at first made me think something went wrong, but your probably right thank you

15 minutes ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

That would probably make sense since its not as loud as before but still louder just the fact that it got extremely loud at first made me think something went wrong, but your probably right thank you

The system will always auto run fans at 100% when bottled till all sensors come online and report values. Then the fan curves kick in and it quiets down