Computer Freezes after POST

Boomaa

Recently I haven't been able to boot from my computer it on any operating system (Windows 7, Windows 10, Arch Linux (live usb), Ubuntu Linux - all 64 bit) except Windows 7 safe mode. On Windows 7 normally, it gets partway through the "loading windows" screen (e.g. the colors move) and then freezes, no response from power button or reset switch, no error codes or beeps after POST. On the others it just displays a black screen after posting past the BIOS. I have tried isolating the computer to the integrated graphics and mobo, still the same issue. I've underclocked it, made sure secure boot was off (and on), replaced PSUs, and ran it without a CMOS battery. There are no drive issues (chkdsk), the ram is fine (memtest86), and I've tried every variation of display driver installations in safe mode (w/ DDU). It'll run the BIOS, and everything looks fine in there, and nothing had been changed from before it wasn't working to now. I don't even have XMP on. I'm not sure what exactly isn't working. I realize it's getting a bit old, but it feels a bit premature to die already. Thanks for any help you can give!

PC Specs:

• CPU: Intel 4790k
  • Memory: 2x8gb DDR3-1600 CL10 HyperX
  • Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC FORCE
  • PSU: EVGA 750GQ (750W 80+ Gold)
  • GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming

BIOS Revision F8 (latest)

I already tried just the IGP, same issues :(

2 hours ago, Boomaa said:

I already tried just the IGP, same issues :(

On Windows 7, when the balls flash on the loading screen it means it's loading the drivers.
So either you have bad drivers (unlikely as you've tried so many OS's) or you have faulty hardware.
The results you're saying normally points to a bad GPU.
Did you remove the GPU completely?

It's not a race to the bottom.

there should be a troubleshooting boot option where it lists what drivers are loading.. it should be easy to see the failing driver there. 

on older boards it was needed to have ahci drivers handy during the install when you select drive(it still is with m.2 disks today) during a fresh install of windoze 10 during partition check, try to load drivers and see if that makes it any better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got it to work by setting Vcore to 1.1V. I have no idea why that worked, and if someone knows pls tell.