Laptop Suggestions!

Hello, I am looking for a new laptop I can use for college - my budget is £600.

The laptop needs to be able to handle some basic Office programs along with coding and just browsing the internet - I am not looking for something gaming!

I have done some digging and I have found the Lenovo IdeaPad 5 AMD, if I was to go with this I can configure it to have 8gb + 4500u along with back-lit keyboard etc for about £600 (£599.99) (I might able to get a 10% discount through work).

I am also open to Intel, however, I tend to gravitate towards AMD as you generally get better price to performance than intel. 

Some extra information is that the laptop will need to handle being on at least 5+ hours (Just General Work), however, I will have a charger when needed if I am at college so it isn't a huge problem -  I will also not be using this laptop for editing etc so I don't need 'amazing' panels (Colour etc) but decent accuracy will be nice. Last note is that storage doesn't hugely matter as I will be swapping it out for a bigger ssd along with a fresh install. 

I will leave it there for now as I don't want to push you towards brands etc, as when I normally say some brands, people just stick with them (from my past experience).

I was looking for more of the 4000 series laptops, however, I am really struggling to find some in my price range as all of them are GAMING near £1000.

If you need anymore information please ask and I will do my best to answer. 

Thanks in advance :)

p.s. I will be buying in the next couple of weeks (2) if I find when I like and UK links will be nice.

I found this laptop from HP which looks very nice, it's a CPU downgrade from the one you had listed (3rd gen 3500U) but that also means more battery life and it has larger storage.

However, it's out of stock just watch for it if it's gonna be back in stock: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-15-cw1012na-Touch-screen-5-3500U/dp/B07ST7K3HF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1589064269&refinements=p_n_style_browse-bin%3A182753031|182754031%2Cp_36%3A9708208031%2Cp_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin%3A8322506031&rnid=8322504031&s=computers&sr=1-3

It accidentally has IPS display but thzt's a nice feature I guess lol. It also has good reviews and I think it's a nice laptop overall. Let me know what you think.

5 minutes ago, databreach said:

I found this laptop from HP which looks very nice, it's a CPU downgrade from the one you had listed (3rd gen 3500U) but that also means more battery life and it has larger storage.

However, it's out of stock just watch for it if it's gonna be back in stock: https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-15-cw1012na-Touch-screen-5-3500U/dp/B07ST7K3HF/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&fst=as%3Aoff&qid=1589064269&refinements=p_n_style_browse-bin%3A182753031|182754031%2Cp_36%3A9708208031%2Cp_n_feature_fourteen_browse-bin%3A8322506031&rnid=8322504031&s=computers&sr=1-3

It accidentally has IPS display but thzt's a nice feature I guess lol. It also has good reviews and I think it's a nice laptop overall. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for your response - looks like a decent laptop and will definitely look into it more - browsing about doesn't seem like a lot of places sell them - got some digging ahead of me xd.
IPS is fine with me - most of my main monitors are IPS - should of stated above and will do a edit rn, but storage isn't a problem as I will be swapping them out for prob a bigger ssd along with a fresh install of windows to get rid of all the crap companies sometimes put in the laptop.