New build (gaming and programming)

Budget (including currency): 1000 USD (4500 RON) (could go slightly higher)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and software development

Other details: did a preliminary part list, would greatly appreciate some help fine tuning it. I also had 2 questions that could affect this list

1. would an RX 5700 be a worthwhile upgrade from a 2060? (or maybe even the XT)

2. would waiting for Zen 3 and the new line-up make sense or no?

Also, this list comes up below 1000$, but parts in my area are more expensive so this list would cost me around 1000$ on the dot.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/znQPHB

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($172.39 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($72.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.34 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card  ($319.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ B&H)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Litepower 550 W ATX Power Supply
Total: $822.66

I would also appreciate some monitor suggestion that make sense for this kind of rig (preferably 144hz), in a dual monitor setup.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Hi,

I think this rig is quite decent but what games you plan to play? Also, are you considering the used market as an option or not?

On your questions:

1. According to this chart, both cards are fairly similar in terms of raw performance and I doubt you'll see a big difference in games.

2. This might take some time so if you need the rig right now, this might not be an option for you.

Regards!

35 minutes ago, dodoff said:

Hi,

I think this rig is quite decent but what games you plan to play? Also, are you considering the used market as an option or not?

On your questions:

1. According to this chart, both cards are fairly similar in terms of raw performance and I doubt you'll see a big difference in games.

2. This might take some time so if you need the rig right now, this might not be an option for you.

Regards!

I plan on playing mostly Esports titles, the occasional AAA game, I don't care that much about RTX I just found a 2060 on a pretty decent price, that's why I don't mind changing to AMD if I get better performance for my money.

Well tbh I didn't have a gaming rig for a few years now as I didn't have the time to play and always had a decent laptop that could run the Esports titles, but I'm more into gaming agan and also want something better for my work (software development) so I could wait a bit more if it's worth it, but I'm not sure. I read that it might only come out in September or even later, and I just don't want to wait if the performance improvements are very minimal.