Questions about VR.

Anas Dweik
Go to solution Solved by Soaring Spoon,

No an Oculus GO wont do the job your looking for sadly. Cheapest I would say is a Vive/CV1 at this moment. Personally if 400$ was my max I would go for a Rift S. It is priced at 400$ and skips the need for base stations. But more than that the Rift S/Index and Cosmos where decent steps up in resolution in the screens. And for Oculus/Valve the lenses where much better than what came before. For someone who came from a CV1/Vive to a Rift S/Index the visual step up was fantastic removing things like the screen door effect.

Problem with purchasing any VR right now is the supply chain is strained to hell with the peroni virus and increased demand. If you need need it right now looks like the Vive is the only way to go on Ebay headsets are going for 200-300$ alone. You'll just need a pair of base stations to be complete. While the Rift S is being sold for stupid markups. The Rift S have been coming back in waves to retailers like Best Buy if you keep yourself signed up to inventory trackers you could snag a Rift S at the 400$ price point. Or if you wait China is still coming back up but in a few months or less I would imagine the supply drought will be lesser than it is currently.

Hello guys . i dont know anything about VR .

i am looking for VR for my g29 racing wheel . just like the ps4 VR and use the controller. 

but i am looking for one for PC . in good price .

i want one to put it on and use my controller . 

any recommendation ?

Depends how much money you want to spend. There are two big players in PC VR. Vive/Valve and Oculus. Vive is made by HTC (older) / Valve (newer) and Oculus is made by Facebook. If you care at all about privacy, go the VIve route.

Since you are seated, having a cable won't be a big deal. The newer headsets (Valve Index) have better visual quality, but they make some trade offs (worse black levels being the one I know about). Older models (OG Vive) will be heavier, possibly less comfortable, but far cheaper ($200-$400 for a complete kit, vs $1000 for a Valve Index). The next big 'thing' in VR is going to be wireless headsets, and those are a game changer for basically everything, but especially for room scale VR. Even when sitting, not having the cable snag on you will be huge. But that's a few years off. That's why, for the money, I'd say pick up a used OG vive or Vive Pro and use it until wireless VR becomes mainstream.

1 hour ago, asquirrel said:

Depends how much money you want to spend. There are two big players in PC VR. Vive/Valve and Oculus. Vive is made by HTC (older) / Valve (newer) and Oculus is made by Facebook. If you care at all about privacy, go the VIve route.

Since you are seated, having a cable won't be a big deal. The newer headsets (Valve Index) have better visual quality, but they make some trade offs (worse black levels being the one I know about). Older models (OG Vive) will be heavier, possibly less comfortable, but far cheaper ($200-$400 for a complete kit, vs $1000 for a Valve Index). The next big 'thing' in VR is going to be wireless headsets, and those are a game changer for basically everything, but especially for room scale VR. Even when sitting, not having the cable snag on you will be huge. But that's a few years off. That's why, for the money, I'd say pick up a used OG vive or Vive Pro and use it until wireless VR becomes mainstream.

Thanks for info :D. 

is there a cheap ones for like 400$ max . i dont really care about full kit and the controllers . i only gonna be playing race games with my wheel . 

and the main goal is to turn my head and see around instead of using the mouse . 

for example can OCULUS GO  do the job ? or what do u recommend for this price range?

No an Oculus GO wont do the job your looking for sadly. Cheapest I would say is a Vive/CV1 at this moment. Personally if 400$ was my max I would go for a Rift S. It is priced at 400$ and skips the need for base stations. But more than that the Rift S/Index and Cosmos where decent steps up in resolution in the screens. And for Oculus/Valve the lenses where much better than what came before. For someone who came from a CV1/Vive to a Rift S/Index the visual step up was fantastic removing things like the screen door effect.

Problem with purchasing any VR right now is the supply chain is strained to hell with the peroni virus and increased demand. If you need need it right now looks like the Vive is the only way to go on Ebay headsets are going for 200-300$ alone. You'll just need a pair of base stations to be complete. While the Rift S is being sold for stupid markups. The Rift S have been coming back in waves to retailers like Best Buy if you keep yourself signed up to inventory trackers you could snag a Rift S at the 400$ price point. Or if you wait China is still coming back up but in a few months or less I would imagine the supply drought will be lesser than it is currently.