Audio-Video not synced

Hi guys, recently for about 2 weeks my PC is running into this problem where any sort of video playback would be not sync with its respective audio after a few minutes into the video. The only way to sync them back was to rewind the video a bit. The solution lasts for about 2 minutes before the problem occurs again.

I have run into this problem when I play local media stored on my hard drive, ( both MPC-HC and VLC has this problem) as well as on Youtube and Netflix and anime streaming websites.

For VLC, I have even gone into the settings and set the audio desync compensation to about -15 and the problem comes back after a while. But the setting remained at -15. Whatever is happening, I think its related to my windows or my pc as a whole and is not restricted to my media player or network connections.

The sound is always faster than the video. Never the other way around.

I don't think it happens while im gaming. (usually i use headphones while gaming so I am unable to tell for certain)

Heres some info about my setup.

My PC is connected to my monitor (ASUS VX278H) via HDMI to my Gigabyte GTX 1070TI. I use the Creative Stage soundbar for my audio. It is connected to my MSI B150 Gaming M3 motherboard via an optical cable.

Did any of you guys come across this problem before? If so, how did u fix it?

Okay so, I think I have solved the issue shortly after posting about it here. LOL.

Okay so what I always do when I'm not gaming and watching movies is let my Folding@Home client to run in the background. I uncheck the "on idle" option so that I could let it run while im doing something light on my PC like watching videos. It seems that it was the problem all this while. After posting about the problem I had an idea to not let the F@H client run in the background(I checked the "On Idle" setting), and proceeded with watching a show downloaded  into my hard drive. The unsync problem did not take place at all.

Next I tried watching netflix with the "On Idle" checked in the F@H client. Everything seemd fine.

Just leaving the solution here if anyone needs it.

TLDR: Dont let your F@H client run in the background if you're experiencing your video not syncing with your audio.

Whoops, Okay so yesterday's solution has stopped working today. The problem is still there regardless of whether F@H is running in the background, set to "On Idle" or just exited from running in background.

Any helpful advice or possible solutions to fix this issue is welcomed!!

Actually i have the same problem for some time now. It had just appeared out of nowhere. I MIGHT have found a solution...

try this https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/.

Its a manual for installing a different Realtek Driver. At least that seems to have fixed my audio sync Issue.

That said, it also could be a bug in the Nvidia Driver...installing an older version might help too..

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 5:39 AM, Gucky said:

Actually i have the same problem for some time now. It had just appeared out of nowhere. I MIGHT have found a solution...

try this https://neosmart.net/wiki/fix-realtek-audio-delay-lag/.

Its a manual for installing a different Realtek Driver. At least that seems to have fixed my audio sync Issue.

That said, it also could be a bug in the Nvidia Driver...installing an older version might help too..

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, the solution did not work for me. However, I have found an alternate solution which was to disable hardware acceleration in my web browser settings.