MSI Force GC20 Controller - Bad Left Stick Repuation?

Looking for a replacement for my malfunctioning Logitech F310, I found out about the MSI Force GC20, and I thought it looked very good: excellent reviews, great price, and decent build quality... except for the fact that, according to the comments, it seems that these controllers are at a high risk of the left analog stick malfunctioning after a while: it could be an hour, it could be a few months, but a lot of people have this complaint.

On Amazon, it's rating is 3.7 out of 5. 51% of the reviews are 5 stars, and 20% are 1 star: most of the one-star reviews mention the left analog stick.

There is one thread on the MSI forum about the issue, viewed close to 6000 times, and it has seen no response from an MSI representative: instead, it has been locked for "being revived".

I would like to ask for opinions on the matter. Whether there is a good explanation for the issue (other than bad build quality or drivers MSI has never bothered to fix), and possibly personal experiences with the device (either the GC20 or the GC30).

I am interested in the controller since it seems like a great deal, but I want to make the right decision.

Any and all input on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Katarn.