1660 SUPER Random 100% usage

Car712

Ok so, I have a pretty much brand new ASUS 1660 SUPER that I got last December, and I have used it with various motherboards since then, however the motherboard I eventually ended up settling on is the ASUS TUF X570-Plus Wifi, I have not had this issue with any of the other boards I have used this GPU with, but heres what happens. I will boot up the PC, have no problems for a good length of time, several days or even a week, then randomly, any process that is being used will suddenly jump to 100% GPU usage, this means anything, Desktop Window Manager, Firefox, etc, and make my PC beyond slow and very hard to shutdown. Once I do manage to shutdown, and I reboot, no problem again for that same period of time. From what I have seen when googling, this seems to be a Windows related software issue (obviously) that could be caused by something ASUS. Again, I have only had the issue with this motherboard and I am assuming it is stemming from that.

If anyone knows anything else about this, I would really love to fix this issue and not have my PC randomly go extremely slow when doing something important. Any comments or help is appreciated.

do you have any of the crappy asus software installed, like armoury crate? maybe that's the issue

Just now, boggy77 said:

do you have any of the crappy asus software installed, like armoury crate? maybe that's the issue

Actually yes, I have ASUS Aura installed to control the RGB (without it, it is just stuck on green).

see if uninstalling everything asus related helps. they have notoriously bad bloatware

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

see if uninstalling everything asus related helps. they have notoriously bad bloatware

Alright i'll try that. (I dont usually install manufacturer software ever, unless its absolutely required for a feature, which in this case it is, since ASUS has no BIOS RGB control, even though all the software does is tell the BIOS what color to use.......)