Pc not posting

Hello everyone, 
I just built my very first pc, followed all the proper precautionary measures, and it turned on! I downloaded steam google chrome oculus and all the softwares i needed and left to do something only to come back to it off. Since it was downloading a few things at the time i figured something required a restart. So i powered it back on and all the fans came on and everything lit up and my display wasn't getting a signal. I tried again and again and noticed a little white led and consulted my mobo manual which says it is a vga error. I checked all cables to make sure nothing came loose and a couple other things but nothing is helping. When starting the pc the light changes from red to orange to white. 

Since it turned on and was running for a couple hours i imagine the bios doesn’t need to be flashed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

edit- i forgot to mention that my keyboard and mouse wouldn't connect either

My specs;
Cpu - Amd ryzen 7 3700x
Gpu - Rtx 2080 super
Ram - 16gb 3200mhz gskill ripjaws v series
Psu - 650watt evga supernova
Mobo - Asus b450-f gaming
Storage - Xpg gammix s5 1tb 
Case - Phanteks 400s eclipse

12 minutes ago, Jimmiew0612 said:

mobo manual which says it is a vga error.

start by taking out you GPU, check that the power cables are fully seated and stick it back in.  Make sure the latch actually latches.  Screw it down, try again

59 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

start by taking out you GPU, check that the power cables are fully seated and stick it back in.  Make sure the latch actually latches.  Screw it down, try again

I tried that a couple hours ago, ill attempt it again in the morning. Its a 2x8 pin connection. I used the cable from the evga power supply. It worked for a couple hours before it shut off. Also what do you mean by the “latch”? The pcie port or the vga cable?

4 hours ago, TylerDurden! said:

on the pciex slot

I just looked at it, put small force on it, changed the slot, its in there good. Anything else i can try? Also keep in mind that it did run for a couple hours before it shut off. Is it possible that something could have died?

image.jpg

A tech repair place ended up telling me its definitely a dead processor so ill be returning my processor and getting a new one. Will keep updates up.

• 8 months later...
On 5/7/2020 at 3:08 PM, Rogerzz said:

How'd you manage to kill your CPU?

I didn’t, it was manufacture defect.

It worked for like 2hrs and straight up killed itself.

new one works fine, didn’t change anything else as far as cords.