Thermal Paste Squeeze Out

Hi all:

First time poster here.  I've been watching a ton of LTT videos on YT recently, and it inspired me to finally replace my laptop that has been dying a slow horrible death for a longtime. I haven't built a system in 2 decades and haven't had a system capable of gaming in about 15 years.

I just mounted the cooler on the CPU, and I'm wondering if I should demount the cooler and cleanup the squeeze out or if it's good to go.

20200503_154152.jpg

I wouldn't remove the cooler just to clean it, if the paste is non conductive then it doesn't matter. If it is conductive or if you still want to remove it, use a qtip to carefully wipe up the excess. 

6 minutes ago, The_russian said:

I wouldn't remove the cooler just to clean it, if the paste is non conductive then it doesn't matter. If it is conductive or if you still want to remove it, use a qtip to carefully wipe up the excess. 

I'm not sure if it is conductive.  It's the paste that came with the cooler which is a Silverstone NT06 Pro.

EDIT:  The diode check and resistance measurement on my multimeter don't show any electrical conduction when I test the paste that I wiped off the end of the syringe after I applied paste to the the CPU.

It's probably fine

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

4 minutes ago, buyobuyo said:

I'm not sure if it is conductive.  It's the paste that came with the cooler which is a Silverstone NT06 Pro.

I can't find any information on the thermal paste, but like I said you can just use a qtip to clean it up.