Random power cycling

omnohx

About 5 weeks ago my computer randomly power cycled. It just completely turned off, no blue screen or anything, and then immediately turned itself back on again. Once it turned back on again, all was fine and the only trace was a "kernel-power" error in event log, stating that the previous shutdown was unexpected.

This then proceeded to happen again, once or twice more, over the next few days (although the computer would run for many hours at a time between the power cycles occurring). I decided to reseat the CPU cooler, RAM, and GPU. I also unplugged and replugged all internal cables to make sure none were loose, and I removed the power cable from my extension lead to plug it directly into the wall instead.

Since then, I didn't get any more power cycles for a long time, so I assumed that I'd solved the problem. But just again today, after about 5 weeks of consistent usage of my PC, the same issue occurred again. I can't remember exactly, but I think each time a power cycle happened my PC was running a game, but never a very intensive one. The most recent power cycle happened whilst I was playing the 2D Phoenix Wright Trilogy which puts hardly any load on my system, and my temperatures seem fine. Now I really have no idea what to do, since the problem happens so randomly and sporadically that it seems almost impossible to troubleshoot, to the extent that I wonder if it's even worth trying to fix. All my components are less than a year old - I built the PC in August 2019 and bought all the parts new. Here's the full part list:

CPU: i7-9700k (no overclock)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S

GPU: MSI RTX 2070-Super Gaming X Trio

PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w

Motherboard: GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI

RAM: 16GB(2x8 dual channel) Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 NVME SSD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 128GB SSD

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

I'm wondering if anybody has tips for troubleshooting this or if it's just a problem I'm going to have to live with. Thanks in advance for any responses.