GTX 970 fixable or dead?

beforetomorrow

Hey guys,

about 5 days into quarantine my PC randomly shut off and wouldn't turn on again. I found out that this happens whenever the GPU is connected to the PSU. When it's connected and I try to turn the PC on the fans spin for half a second and then the PC is dead. It works fine without the GPU.  

Is there a way to troubleshoot and eventually fix somehow? I can afford a new GPU but I'm not super rich so I'd rather save some money.

My current build (2015): https://pcpartpicker.com/user/beforetomorrow/saved/#view=XZJp99

you have really old and poor psu. replace the psu first. it sems like psu issue. get atleas something from tier B: 

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a new psu but still have the same problem. I can hear clicking something in the new PSU (probably safety mechanism) when I try to turn on the PC when the GPU is connected to the PSU. So same question: can I somehow diagnose/fix my GPU?