RGB comparability

Diaan
Go to solution Solved by Omikse,

If the fans require a 5V/3 pin connection then you need a 5v/3 pin header. The type of motherboards you have are usually 12v/4 pin header connections so you would need the 12v/4 pin RGB fans which are not addressable if you are trying to go for the. Now most ARGB fans do come with a controller so you will have to use that instead of connecting to your motherboard. My board (ASUS Crosshair VI Hero) also dose not have the 5v/3 pin connectors so I have to use a controller for the argb fans I use (ezDIY FAB).

Hey guys, sorry if I’m posting in the wrong place. I just desperately need some advice. I am a fairly novice PC builder but at the moment I am trying to purchase some Cougar vortex RGB fans. The packs come with either their core box/V2 or Core box C depending which set I get. Now the confusion comes in, i have a z390 UD motherboard (gigabyte) that does not have a 5V rgb header connection. Am I correct in saying that the 5V is only necessary for software controlled RGB and that the default RGB will still be possible just from the control box? Or is that 5V rgb connection completely necessary to have RGB lighting. 

in a normal circumstance I would purchase the item and if it doesn’t work I would return it no issue but currently my country is on a complete lockdown which means purchase of electronics can only be done online which means the return process is somewhat complicated and I would prefer to avoid having to go through that route if possible.

thank you in advance guys!

If the fans require a 5V/3 pin connection then you need a 5v/3 pin header. The type of motherboards you have are usually 12v/4 pin header connections so you would need the 12v/4 pin RGB fans which are not addressable if you are trying to go for the. Now most ARGB fans do come with a controller so you will have to use that instead of connecting to your motherboard. My board (ASUS Crosshair VI Hero) also dose not have the 5v/3 pin connectors so I have to use a controller for the argb fans I use (ezDIY FAB).

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

this one is cheaper and come with a remote

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

9 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

this one is cheaper and come with a remote

Thank you for this, I’ve gone with the same brand just a slightly cheaper alternative On special (FCB kit) which also comes with a remote

11 hours ago, Omikse said:

I really appreciate the input I have ordered the cougar FCB set which also comes with a remote and set to arrive in a few days, thank you for the input it has been a great help