Over clocked?

Madmanchris1
Go to solution Solved by Madmanchris1,

Turns out it was a software issue. i had changed the power plan to balanced but (i think) because of asus software it must not have let me changed it fully.

i uninstalled Asus software and windows power plan actually applied the balanced setting after this. Now the cpu MHz actually change

now i can finally install my 3700x and x570 creation board.  

So im about to upgrade my pc and i want to use the old parts in my unraid build.

i have a 4770K on an asus maximus formulla vii board.

i did a auto over clock a while ago but now i want to set it back to stock so the unraid system runs stable and low power. 

i restored the bios to  "Optimised defaults" ( cant see a normal default) but i still dont think its right as the cpu is pinned at 3.9GHz

i cleared Cmos with the button didnt change anything either.

Should i try Updating bios? ( haven't ever done it) should that clear all over clock setings?

Can anyone help me get it back to normal? here are some screen shots to show the issues i think i have. 

Also side question when i upgrade my mobo cpu and ram will windows auto detect and validate or do i need to do anything?

many thanks

2020-05-01_11_15_52.jpg

2020-05-01_11_12_47.jpg

2020-05-01_11_13_17.jpg

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

Turns out it was a software issue. i had changed the power plan to balanced but (i think) because of asus software it must not have let me changed it fully.

i uninstalled Asus software and windows power plan actually applied the balanced setting after this. Now the cpu MHz actually change

now i can finally install my 3700x and x570 creation board.  

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz