installing SSD for first time

Rickie cheong

So I just got my new SSD, and I want to completely replace my hard drive with it inside my laptop. I know i need to back up all of my important stuff onto some other external storage. However, the thing that I am facing problem with is how do I go around downloading the operating system onto the SSD for the very first time. I know I need to download the file from the Microsoft website and put it into a pen drive. However, where do I go from there, I also don't want to lose the free utilities that Acer has provided like the free video editing software as well as the "Nitro" program which lets me to adjust my fan speed. Is there a way I can get the whole operating system with these apps like I first did when I got the laptop for the very first time. Also, is there anything else that I need to know before getting into this, or am I just better off bringing this to a computer shop to get it settled. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

The "free" included utilities are crap on laptops, if you need something specific there are many other free pieces of software that work far better than any bloatware acer included.

If you really want those things you can find them on the web page of your laptop from the manufacturer.

They should have all downloads there.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

The "free" included utilities are crap on laptops, if you need something specific there are many other free pieces of software that work far better than any bloatware acer included.

If you really want those things you can find them on the web page of your laptop from the manufacturer.

They should have all downloads there.

Thank you, I assume that link also works for laptops right? Thanks for the help

Just now, Rickie cheong said:

Thank you, I assume that link also works for laptops right? Thanks for the help

It doesn't matter if it's a laptop or PC or microwave.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

It doesn't matter if it's a laptop or PC or microwave.

Alright, thanks for the help. Saved me a lot of trouble