ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 or G15?

Hi everyone!! I am looking into buying a gaming laptop that I can take places and game but is also god for school. I am confused to if I should buy the ROG Zephyrus g14 or g15. The G14 has:

- Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060 graphics card

- Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro

- AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS

-6GB GDDR6 VRAM (Boost Clock: 1285MHz, 65W)

-DDR4 3200MHz SDRAM. Up to 32GB

-M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 512GB / 1TB

- 14-inch Non-glare WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS-level panel, 60Hz, 100% sRGB, Pantone® Validated, adaptive sync

- OR- 14-inch Non-glare Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-level panel, 120Hz, 100% sRGB, Pantone® Validated, adaptive sync

Backlit chicklet keyboard. Hot keys: Volume up / Volume down / Microphone mute / ROG Armoury Crate. N key rollover

- 2 x 2.5W speakers with Smart AMP technology. 2 x 0.7W tweeter, Array Microphones. With Dolby Atmos technology

-1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C with DisplayPort™ 1.4 and Power Delivery
-1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
-2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A 
-1 x HDMI 2.0b
-1 x 3.5mm headphone and microphone combo jack
-1 x Kensington lock
-180W power adaptor. Support Type-C PD 3.0 up to 65W
-Intel® Wi-Fi 6 with Gig+ performance (802.11ax). Bluetooth 5.0
-Width: 32.4cm. Depth: 22.2cm. Height: 1.79cm (Regular); 1.99cm (AniMe Matrix™)
Regular: 1.6kg. AniMe Matrix™: 1.7kg

What the g15 has that the g14 doesn't is that is is:
- VR ready - YES
-AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS
- And it is 15"
-15.6-inch Non-glare Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS-level panel, 240Hz, 3ms, 100% sRGB, Pantone® Validated, adaptive sync
PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS!!

So they’re almost the same.  The 14 has a bit more cpu and less screen.  How bad do you want 240hz over 120hz?

https://www.cpu-monkey.com/en/compare_cpu-amd_ryzen_7_4800hs-1147-vs-amd_ryzen_9_4900hs-1285

says that the actual difference between the CPUs is minimal. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

How much smoother is 240hz than 120hz? Also what is CPU?

If you want to use VR or if you`re competitive player you should go with G15. If you care about more cpu power then you should go with G14.

10 minutes ago, Stoopersta said:

How much smoother is 240hz than 120hz? Also what is CPU?

240 vs 120 is somewhat subjective.  It definitely takes twice as much gpu power to drive 240 over 120.  There are videos about it you may want to watch.   CPU is Central Processing Unit.  The AMD chip.  The link says in practice there isn’t much difference between the i7 4800 and the i9 4900 stats wise that I could see.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

240 vs 120 is somewhat subjective.  It definitely takes twice as much gpu power to drive 240 over 120.  There are videos about it you may want to watch.   CPU is Central Processing Unit.  The AMD chip.  The link says in practice there isn’t much difference between the i7 4800 and the i9 4900 stats wise that I could see.

You mean Ryzen 7* 4800HS and Ryzen 9* 4900HS

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Thanks!! Which do you recommend?

2 minutes ago, Stoopersta said:

Which would be the best for school and also would play games the fastest and smoothest?

5 minutes ago, Stoopersta said:

I don’t.   I can tell you most of the difference between the machines is the screen and the d15 is newer than the d14.  The d15 screen has better specs, but that’s specs.  What matters with screens is what they look like when you use them.  If I had to buy sight unseen I’d get the d15 and be prepared for the screen to maybe have more problems than the d14.  It’s the way such things go.

10 minutes ago, HyperNorthwest said:

You mean Ryzen 7* 4800HS and Ryzen 9* 4900HS

Yeah. Got r and I confused there.  As no doubt the marketers wish.

8 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I don’t.   I can tell you most of the difference between the machines is the screen and the d15 is newer than the d14.  The d15 screen has better specs, but that’s specs.  What matters with screens is what they look like when you use them.  If I had to buy sight unseen I’d get the d15 and be prepared for the screen to maybe have more problems than the d14.  It’s the way such things go.

Thank you so much!! Have an awesome day,

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

What type of problems would the G15 have that the G14 wouldn't?

12 minutes ago, Stoopersta said:

What type of problems would the G15 have that the G14 wouldn't?

I dunno.  I haven’t seen either.  More color shift? less total brightness?  It might be better too.  Who knows?  I just see people trying harder to bump specs on panels lately and it doesn’t always actually get functionally better.