Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

P400A Fans

Pitro

Hello guys. I recently bought the Phanteks P400a and I wanna buy 3 extra fans to the back and the top. Any idea which fans should I buy and how to sync the colors with the stock fans?

Thanks in advance.

Well... I have the P400s (its the version without the front mesh but with the sound dampening) and I put in these fans.

Front:

Noctua 120mm x2 

Corsair ML 120

Top:

Corsair ML 140 (as intake in front of the CPU cooler)

Rear:

Noctua 120mm

So since this version of the P400 doesn't have the mesh but instead air filters inside the closed off front panel I put in my old ML 140 I had laying around in the top as intake. You don't need to do this, maybe you can get some quiet Noctua or Be Quiet! Silent Wings fans to put in the chassis, Putting the fans at the top wont help you much but replacing the stock Phanteks fans really made my machine more silent.

You are talking about syncing the colors... What motherboard do you use? If you don't mind the Corsair "tax" you can get a pack of 3 Corsair fans which include the RGB controller.  

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - Fury Beast 3200 2x16 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - 2x Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

8 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well... I have the P400s (its the version without the front mesh but with the sound dampening) and I put in these fans.

Front:

Noctua 120mm x2 

Corsair ML 120

Top:

Corsair ML 140 (as intake in front of the CPU cooler)

Rear:

Noctua 120mm

So since this version of the P400 doesn't have the mesh but instead air filters inside the closed off front panel I put in my old ML 140 I had laying around in the top as intake. You don't need to do this, maybe you can get some quiet Noctua or Be Quiet! Silent Wings fans to put in the chassis, Putting the fans at the top wont help you much but replacing the stock Phanteks fans really made my machine more silent.

You are talking about syncing the colors... What motherboard do you use? If you don't mind the Corsair "tax" you can get a pack of 3 Corsair fans which include the RGB controller.  

I use the MSI B450 Gaming Max Plus, only have the 12V connectors. Maybe I will replace the stock fans in the future, but for now I just want to place the 3 remaining fans and somehow sync them with the stock ones. Do I need a hub or something? I'm kinda new to this RGB stuff.

Just now, Pitro said:

I use the MSI B450 Gaming Max Plus, only have the RGB option. Maybe I will replace the stock fans in the future, but for now I just want to place the 3 remaining fans and somehow sync them with the stock ones. Do I need a hub or something? I'm kinda new to this RGB stuff.

Well Corsair sells packs with 3 fans and a RGB controller. They aren't the cheapest but they got everything you need. They got I think 3 different types of RGB fans, HD, LL and ML.  There may also be AF and SP.

For performance I recommend ML. They will probably last longer and run more silent since they have no physical bearings and their bearings are magnetic. At low RPM they're pretty much inaudible. AF and SP are only 3 pin and not so silent as ML.

As an alternative you can see if you find RGB fans that support Mystic Light, which is the software your motherboard is made for.

Corsair use ICue software to control RGB but my Asus motherboard that is made with Aura works with ICue as well, maybe also you can control Mystic Light with it too.

TuringMachine

Ryzen 5 3600x - Asus Strix B450-F - Asus ROG RTX 2060S Strix AD - Fury Beast 3200 2x16 GB DDR4 - Phanteks P400S - Corsair RM 650x - BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 - 2x Kingston A2000 NVMe 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - 2x Samsung QVO 1TB SSD (RAID 0) - Seagate Barracuda 3TB

10 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well Corsair sells packs with 3 fans and a RGB controller. They aren't the cheapest but they got everything you need. They got I think 3 different types of RGB fans, HD, LL and ML.  There may also be AF and SP.

For performance I recommend ML. They will probably last longer and run more silent since they have no physical bearings and their bearings are magnetic. At low RPM they're pretty much inaudible. AF and SP are only 3 pin and not so silent as ML.

As an alternative you can see if you find RGB fans that support Mystic Light, which is the software your motherboard is made for.

Corsair use ICue software to control RGB but my Asus motherboard that is made with Aura works with ICue as well, maybe also you can control Mystic Light with it too.

I don't mind paying the extra, I love Corsair products anyway. Can I connect the 3 Corsair fans and the stock on the Corsair controller?

1 minute ago, Pitro said:

I don't mind paying the extra, I love Corsair products anyway. Can I connect the 3 Corsair fans and the stock on the Corsair controller?

No I don't think that will work. But, if you can connect stock to the mobo and after that connect the Corsair RGB controller to an internal USB header on the mobo and then maybe if they have worked with MSI you can control it all through their software.

Corsair RGB headers are proprietary and I think only Corsair fans fit on that. However as I've been saying. ICue is able to override Asus Aura RGB and can control my RGB headers and the RGB logo on my Asus board. Maybe it's the same with MSI but I can't promise anything. 

TuringMachine