What do you think

part list is private

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

part list is private

Should be good now

I myself wont be happy that the platform is dead as next gen uses new socket.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

I think if you choose,

a 3800x or 3700x,

consequently B450 TOMAHAWK (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max)

and a 5700 XT(https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3YTzK8/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-pulse-video-card-11293-01-20g or https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZZZzK8/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-5700-xt-8gbd6-3dhroc)

instead of 9900K, Z390 platform and the 2070S respectively, 

you can get a 2TB or greater NVME drive and still spend less and get about the same performance and a more upgradable socket,

but let us know what you think, it is your system after all!

(For example, for quicksync and NVENC video production tasks, your choice might be better, right?!)

4 minutes ago, Tech Geek said:

I think if you choose,

a 3800x or 3700x,

consequently B450 TOMAHAWK (https://pcpartpicker.com/product/jcYQzy/msi-b450-tomahawk-max-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-tomahawk-max)

and a 5700 XT(https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3YTzK8/sapphire-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-pulse-video-card-11293-01-20g or https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZZZzK8/powercolor-radeon-rx-5700-xt-8-gb-red-dragon-video-card-axrx-5700-xt-8gbd6-3dhroc)

instead of 9900K, Z390 platform and the 2070S respectively, 

you can get a 2TB or greater NVME drive and still spend less and get about the same performance and a more upgradable socket,

but let us know what you think, it is your system after all!

(For example, for quicksync and NVENC video production tasks, your choice might be better, right?!)

Ya I just really needed to build me a computer and one of the things I wanted to focus on was the experience of ordering new parts that look cool and make me feel like a kid in a candy store and that’s why I picked the 9900k the packaging is amazing the other parts are not what I wanted because of the prices but I really just wanted to focus on the aesthetic of each individual part some I’m not as much of a fan of but it’s whatever at least I ordered all of the parts I need. Ps I might live stream me building it lol which would be cool

2 minutes ago, Tech Geek said:

I forgot, benchmarks might be needed.

Not a fan of Ryzen

4 minutes ago, Dilen futch said:

Not a fan of Ryzen

Not to question your own purchase, but could you elaborate? Is it because of high refresh competitive gaming or Quicksync for Adobe Premiere? I just thought that your 9900K won't be worth it without the RTX 2080 TI. (https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=price&c=424)

If you spend that much you may not care for the value and efficiency of the CPU and motherboard, naturally. 

Of course, I don't intend to argue, just discuss your build. 

8 minutes ago, Dilen futch said:

Ya I just really needed to build me a computer and one of the things I wanted to focus on was the experience of ordering new parts that look cool and make me feel like a kid in a candy store and that’s why I picked the 9900k the packaging is amazing the other parts are not what I wanted because of the prices but I really just wanted to focus on the aesthetic of each individual part some I’m not as much of a fan of but it’s whatever at least I ordered all of the parts I need. Ps I might live stream me building it lol which would be cool

Do you also care about the aesthetic of the case?

Admittedly, the NZXT phantom does look appealing.

Edited by Tech Geek

3 minutes ago, Tech Geek said:

Do you also care about the aesthetic of the case?

Admittedly, the NZXT phantom does look appealing.

Ya it’s not a case I wanted but it looks ok in person, wish I would have went in another Direction

8 minutes ago, Tech Geek said:

Not to question your own purchase, but could you elaborate? Is it because of high refresh competitive gaming or Quicksync for Adobe Premiere? I just thought that your 9900K won't be worth it without the RTX 2080 TI. (https://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/#sort=price&c=424)

If you spend that much you may not care for the value and efficiency of the CPU and motherboard, naturally. 

Of course, I don't intend to argue, just discuss your build. 

Ya I plan of getting a RTX 2080 TI (or if something new comes out by then) but at the moment the 2070 super is the best I can get

Just now, Dilen futch said:

Ya it’s not a case I wanted but it looks ok in person, wish I would have went in another Direction

Which did you want? Is it an availability issue?

This looks nice as well, and is really good for any liquid cooling setup!

Just now, Tech Geek said:

Which did you want? Is it an availability issue?

This looks nice as well, and is really good for any liquid cooling setup!

I’m a big asus fan so I wanted the Asus ROG Strix Helios ATX Full Tower Case but maybe for my next build 

Just now, Dilen futch said:

Ya I plan of getting a RTX 2080 TI (or if something new comes out by then) but at the moment the 2070 super is the best I can get

I also want to wait till after the next, ninth console generation launch, so that hopefully we can have cheaper, better or both in terms of CPUs, GPUs and SSDs, although realistically, thats all that will get cheaper and more available because of console adoption rate in the millions.

Actually, this is why I recommended getting something better value now, reselling it at a good rate 6-9 months later, and then we all can go all out at the candy store lol.

1 minute ago, Tech Geek said:

I also want to wait till after the next, ninth console generation launch, so that hopefully we can have cheaper, better or both in terms of CPUs, GPUs and SSDs, although realistically, thats all that will get cheaper and more available because of console adoption rate in the millions.

Actually, this is why I recommended getting something better value now, reselling it at a good rate 6-9 months later, and then we all can go all out at the candy store lol.

100%!

This may be getting long in the tooth, but you could check it out if you wanna,

I just like their reviewing and benchmarking methodology.

I can't believe I forgot to mention, but it's probably best to wait out the current global shortage of supply and demand, otherwise we'll get gouged like in the cryptocurrency mining boom period, or when Samsung, Sk Hynix, and Micron were price fixing ram less than 2 years ago. I think it really is best to spend as less as possible until this crap subsides and consoles speed up ssd adoption and make cpus and especially gpus cheaper and faster. Maybe this years end, maybe early 2021 first quarter, we'll have to wait and see. But of course, you may be able to upgrade your current rig for cheap depending on what it is.

Also remembered, thunderbolt 3 might be a reason to pick an Intel CPU and motherboard.

So even if you don't buy anything now, for the sake of discussion, these are the reasons I can think of for choosing Intel and Nvidia instead of AMD equivalents.

• Thunderbolt 3
  • Quicksync for quick exports from Adobe Premiere
  • Games in which you KNOW for sure 9900K is the fastest and nothing else bottlenecks it like the GPU or resolution, because even some single threaded or lightly threaded games now run equally or better on Ryzen 3000. You might have to check benchmarks.
  • Some workload which uses AVX512 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Vector_Extensions#cite_note-26

The newest (for now) Ryzen CPUs on Zen 2 architecture have lower clocks, the same AVX256 support as Intel, higher IPC and higher power efficiency (lower consumption in watts), support PCIe 4.0 SSDs (only on X550 and X570 chipset motherboards though) and much lower cost so I think they make sense in every case outside the above scenarios.

Real time ray tracing is not supported or implemented in enough games, same for their "DLSS 2.0" AI upscaling technique which runs games at lower resolutions but looks almost identical to higher resolutions. By the time these features get traction we should have cheaper and faster successors to these from both AMD and Nvidia due to upcoming next gen consoles ramping up adoption and hopefully increasing competition between Intel, Nvidia and AMD to bring PC components up to par and price with those.