PC Upgrades

SergeyB

Recently upgraded my workstation that I got from Amazon for $900 with a new case, CPU cooler and power supply.
The new case is MCB-B511D-KGNN-RGB from Cooler Master and the SPU is a 700W from Thermaltake.

This case with all of it's fans got my CPU temp down by 10-15 degrees, which is awesome!
and I don't even need a rear fan because the CPU double fan is close enough to the back to blow out a nice cool air shaft ...also RGB!

The specs of this machine include:
Core i7 7700
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX 1050

Stuff I do: 3D animation and rigging in Maya, Gaming and Coding.

Next item to upgrade would be the graphics card. I'd like a nice RTX and then I'm happy! :D 

20200418_205533_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200418_212357_271.jpg

IMG_20200418_212357_269.jpg

IMG_20200418_212357_268.jpg

IMG_20200418_212357_302.jpg

4 minutes ago, SergeyB said:

Next item to upgrade would be the graphics card. I'd like a nice RTX and then I'm happy! :D 

What is your budget for a new graphics card, how much better performance do you want in improvement or are you looking to upgrade because of the added ray-tracing capabilities?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

1 minute ago, Boomwebsearch said:

What is your budget for a new graphics card, how much better performance do you want in improvement or are you looking to upgrade because of the added ray-tracing capabilities?

I'm looking to upgrade secondly because of the ray-tracing capabilities, but mainly because I could use a nice boost of performance for games. My GTX 1050 is a pretty minimalist card (as seen in the photo) and it barely runs some games with medium settings. My budget is in the C$400's and originally I was thinking about the RTX 2060, but my plan is to check prices again once I actually have the budget... lol

33 minutes ago, SergeyB said:

I'm looking to upgrade secondly because of the ray-tracing capabilities, but mainly because I could use a nice boost of performance for games. My GTX 1050 is a pretty minimalist card (as seen in the photo) and it barely runs some games with medium settings. My budget is in the C$400's and originally I was thinking about the RTX 2060, but my plan is to check prices again once I actually have the budget... lol

You may want to consider adding another GTX 1050 and running in SLI configuration, the cost of RTX cards are quite high currently and you are paying a significant premium for ray-tracing, if the games you play don't have ray-tracing as an option and use traditional rasterization then I would recommend adding another GTX 1050 in SLI.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

12 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

You may want to consider adding another GTX 1050 and running in SLI configuration, the cost of RTX cards are quite high currently and you are paying a significant premium for ray-tracing, if the games you play don't have ray-tracing as an option and use traditional rasterization then I would recommend adding another GTX 1050 in SLI.

Oh, but my current card doesn't support SLI. Also I usually prefer a cleaner setup by installing just one card. SLI sometimes confuses professional applications (which I use, too) and they don't work correctly and crash more.
If I'm not mistaken, there are RTX 2060 6GB cards on Amazon for around C$450. That's totally fine by my wallet. :)