B450 I Aorus Pro WIFI Motherboard won't boot

Finne
Go to solution Solved by Technane,

well the other option is fine the two pins on the header where you plugged the power switch and such

and find the ones that resets bios and short them, turn it on, and clear the short

So I decided to build a new pc. I decided to go with the new Ryzen 3000 series. I plugged everything in correctly, booted it into the bios no problem. Installed windows, steam and so on, no problem. During the process I restarted the pc a couple of times. But after the third or so restart, it won't post anything, it just says "No signal" on the monitor. The LED lights up, the fans turns at a high speed, but it won't post or go into windows
I have tried to remove the graphic card, RAM, SSD and so on, but nothing. I can't even hold down the start/turn off button for it to turn off. I have to take the power.
Does anyone have any clue how I can fix this?

PC:

CPU : Ryzen 3700x
GPU : Palit RTX 2070 Super
MotherBoard : Gigabyte b450 I Aorus Pro wifi mini ITX 

SSD : Samsung 970 evo 500 gb
RAM G.Skill 32gb Kit (16GBx2) GB, DDR4, 3200 MHz
Case : InWIn A1 plus (Comes with a 650W gold plus PSU) 

Can you get into the Bios? is the CPU cooler seated correctly? 

Has it had a bios update? I wasnt sure B450's could go to 3700 without a bios up? 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

- The system is less than a day old 

11 minutes ago, Technane said:

Can you get into the Bios? is the CPU cooler seated correctly? 

Has it had a bios update? I wasnt sure B450's could go to 3700 without a bios up? 

The Motherboard box said it was Ryzen 3000 ready :/ And I did manage to boot into windows a couple of times before it just thought it was better not to do that.
I used to be able to get into the bios too, not anymore tho. The screen is just Black with a "no signal" message.

try unplugging it,

taking the GFX card out, and re-seating it, 

I was about to say, then pop the battery off the motherboard and leave it out for a bit, then put the battery back in plug it back in. and plug it back into power and then see if it boots? this will reset the bios to factory and might get you booted, aside this do you have any GFX outputs on the motherboard, try pluggin into one of those if you do and seeing if you see bios

21 minutes ago, Technane said:

try unplugging it,

taking the GFX card out, and re-seating it, 

I was about to say, then pop the battery off the motherboard and leave it out for a bit, then put the battery back in plug it back in. and plug it back into power and then see if it boots? this will reset the bios to factory and might get you booted, aside this do you have any GFX outputs on the motherboard, try pluggin into one of those if you do and seeing if you see bios

I have located the Batteri, not sure if I wanna try to pull it out :/IMG_0933.HEIC
I have tried to re-seating the GPU, nothing happened.
Noting from the motherboard ports either :/

Taking the Battery out, will only wipe the bios, it means the same as going into the BIOS and clicking on Restore Defaults. 

Your monitor is turning on and detecting a signal isnt it? 

1 minute ago, Technane said:

Taking the Battery out, will only wipe the bios, it means the same as going into the BIOS and clicking on Restore Defaults. 

Your monitor is turning on and detecting a signal isnt it? 

It is detecting that there is something, since it lights up once I put the other end of the cable into the motherboard/GPU, but still ends up saying "No signal found" after a couple of secs

The battery is under the heatsinks of the motherboard, not sure how I can remove that, or tbh if I dare to do it 

well the other option is fine the two pins on the header where you plugged the power switch and such

and find the ones that resets bios and short them, turn it on, and clear the short

2 minutes ago, Technane said:

Sounds a bit risky? I might try it tomorrow if the place that I bought can't help me :/ - But thanks for the help so far

not really risky, back in the good old days you actually cabled a switch up to those pins.... 

neither is taking out the battery, the battery's sole purpose is to retain bios settings in the event of power loss. 

6 minutes ago, Technane said:

not really risky, back in the good old days you actually cabled a switch up to those pins.... 

neither is taking out the battery, the battery's sole purpose is to retain bios settings in the event of power loss. 

You might just be my savior today! I tried it, and you are right it was not risky at all, I am able to get into the bios now ! :)

absolutely no worries man, into the bios gets you half way, keep an eye on temps and such in the bios make sure its not getting toasty 

3 minutes ago, Technane said:

absolutely no worries man, into the bios gets you half way, keep an eye on temps and such in the bios make sure its not getting toasty 

Noting seems to be getting hot, of what I can see. But you have my thanks ! it works now! it boots and everything ! thanks! I will keep this in my mind for the future :D 

I am so happy for you, and cool for the thanks I appreciate it. glad its working, welcome. 

• 4 months later...

Hi, seems we have the same problem but Im not really sure what part of the PC should i troubleshoot. Here are the problems.

1. Keyboard and mouse not working (not even lighting up) but tried connecting it to a different 1 and it works.

2. No display image on my monitor

I have Aorus b450 pro wifi motherboard.

Any suggestion and help.

Please and thank you!