Cpu overheating

kes2006
18 hours ago, Technane said:

that's a different cooler to the one you are using! you do not have that cooler. you are showing the page of the latest one that is stating it is backwards compatible! 

I have that cooler so amd is lying on the box?

This is the cooler I have sorry for the bad lighting its 2:30 am

20200424_021458.jpg

20200424_021454.jpg

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

35c is unrealistically low without a large AIO or custom loop. What are you using to test for load and measure temps?

65c isn't overheating and is actually pretty good. 

The stock plastic hooks are shared on AM4 and AM3+. Coolers that use that stock mounting mechanism can fit on either socket. 

I dont know the temps exactly but its was like 40 to 45 not 35 sorry and I dont have special software for stress testing its hitting those temps while playing minecraft of pc building sim

2 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

I dont know the temps exactly but its was like 40 to 45 not 35 sorry and I dont have special software for stress testing its hitting those temps while playing minecraft of pc building sim

That's not a reliable load so it's hard to get a good comparison. 

Try a synthetic load like OCCT. If your temps are fine, there's no need to worry. That being said, it's unlikely that the older stock cooler would've ever kept temps below 60c at load without max rpm and really good case airflow.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

That's not a reliable load so it's hard to get a good comparison. 

Try a synthetic load like OCCT. If your temps are fine, there's no need to worry. That being said, it's unlikely that the older stock cooler would've ever kept temps below 60c at load without max rpm and really good case airflow.

The wraith max isn't old then the prism is old too and I have the cm h500 it's and good case for airflow 

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

The wraith max isn't old then the prism is old too and I have the cm h500 it's and good case for airflow 

I'm confused. I'm referring to the previous cooler. Is the Wraith Max what you're currently using or what you previously used?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

I'm confused. I'm referring to the previous cooler. Is the Wraith Max what you're currently using or what you previously used?

Wraith max

39 minutes ago, kes2006 said:

Wraith max

Yes, is that your previous cooler or current cooler? What's the other cooler? You mentioned swapping coolers.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, is that your previous cooler or current cooler? What's the other cooler? You mentioned swapping coolers.

My old one was the stealth cooler and now i have the wraith max

1 hour ago, kes2006 said:

My old one was the stealth cooler and now i have the wraith max

Ah, I misunderstood.

It's hard to compare temps with the inconsistent load you get from the games you mentioned. They can easily provide a heavier or lighter load at times along with background processes. That or synthetic loads can normally result in temps much higher than 45c with the Wraith Stealth. https://www.funkykit.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3-3200g-performance-analysis-on-b450-chipset/4/