Should I return the extra 32GB memory I was sent or should I stick it in.

Hey guys,

I ordered 32Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz C16 as there was a stock issue with my original order of Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 MHz C16 . I canceled the HyperX but there was a mixup at the supplier so they sent it anyway. Just delayed.

I already installed the Vengeance (2x8) in slot 2 and 4. But I have the HyperX lying around (also 2x8). I've read that 64GB vs 32GB is doesn't make a difference for most things.

I'm not desperate to get the money back but if I won't see an improvement, I might as well. Also because I hear that slots 1 and 3 are not as fast anyway. Also they are  differing SKU's so that might be an issue?

I mostly do gaming and some video editing.

Thoughts?

Other base specs are:

MSI B450-A PRO MAX

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor 

PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

1 minute ago, MortenFL said:

Hey guys,

I ordered 32Gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 MHz C16 as there was a stock issue with my original order of Kingston HyperX DDR4 3200 MHz C16 . I canceled the HyperX but there was a mixup at the supplier so they sent it anyway. Just delayed.

I already installed the Vengeance (2x8) in slot 2 and 4. But I have the HyperX lying around (also 2x8). I've read that 64GB vs 32GB is doesn't make a difference for most things.

I'm not desperate to get the money back but if I won't see an improvement, I might as well. Also because I hear that slots 1 and 3 are not as fast anyway. Also they are  differing SKU's so that might be an issue?

I mostly do gaming and some video editing.

Thoughts?

Other base specs are:

MSI B450-A PRO MAX

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Processor 

PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

Simple answer if you don't do anything you know uses much ram like *browse reddit* jk, then you should return if you are going to use something that need ram don't refund use the  new ram then

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I have 48GB and Windows sits using about 4 just browsing this forum. There's little point having 64GB unless you need it. It won't do any harm, but wont really do any good either.