Monitor Arm Problem

xSzen

I upgraded about two years ago to a dual display setup. Naturally, I need a dual monitor arm to hold both said monitors. A problem I've been dealing with since is that the table I use is a cheap Costco 6 ft flimsy plastic hunk of junk. The monitor stand will not stay on its own because the table cannot support the weight, causing the plastic to dis form and bend. I've had to use a thin sheet of wood to spread the weight of the monitors out. Even after doing this my table still has a substantial bend in it that covers roughly half the table. Any solutions without buying a whole new desk would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ❤️  ~ xSzen

25 minutes ago, xSzen said:

I upgraded about two years ago to a dual display setup. Naturally, I need a dual monitor arm to hold both said monitors. A problem I've been dealing with since is that the table I use is a cheap Costco 6 ft flimsy plastic hunk of junk. The monitor stand will not stay on its own because the table cannot support the weight, causing the plastic to dis form and bend. I've had to use a thin sheet of wood to spread the weight of the monitors out. Even after doing this my table still has a substantial bend in it that covers roughly half the table. Any solutions without buying a whole new desk would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you ❤️  ~ xSzen

I had this exact problem.  I solved it totally with a piece of pre punched angle iron, a bunch of screws, and a drill.  Can’t even see it sitting down.  Made the thing hella more stable though.  The local hardware store should have everything you need.  Maybe $20 not including the electric drill.

id include pics but the thing got too small for me and it’s out in the garage now.  Too much trouble and it’s dark.  If you want pics pm me tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

I had this exact problem.  I solved it totally with a piece of pre punched angle iron, a bunch of screws, and a drill.  Can’t even see it sitting down.  Made the thing hella more stable though.  The local hardware store should have everything you need.  Maybe $20 not including the electric drill.

id include pics but the thing got too small for me and it’s out in the garage now.  Too much trouble and it’s dark.  If you want pics pm me tomorrow and I’ll see what I can do.

I'd love to see, thank you for the idea. I'll dm you tomorrow