Nvidia Gtx 780 5gb & Gtx 770 4gb Video Cards Coming!

Grenades4Balls

I don't know if this has been posted yet but I searched for it and couldn't find anything. So ill post it anyways :P

With all the recent news about AMD spreading like wildfire, it comes as no surprise to see NVIDIA bringing their game back to the table again. Some folks from BSN were traveling abroad and found out about a few new cards being released from NVIDIA that are sure to shake up the trees. It seems that NVIDIA has reportedly announced plans for 3 additional cards in their already beefed up arsenal that should put a damper on AMD’s plans to try and take more market share. The first product to be announced came a few weeks back when NVIDIA had several website leak information about a new GeForce GTX Titan LE, which is a product that is built upon a cut down GK110 silicon. That leak seems to be accurate and its now been confirmed that there will be a consumer version of the Tesla K20C, which contains a 2496 core and 5GB of GDDR5 memory.

The big change though is the name as the Titan LE is not the nomenclature, as the card will be named the GTX 780 5GB video card, which will come in many flavors from the various partners when it is released. The GeForce GTX Titan was also a consumer version of the K20X with a 2688-core and 6GB of GDDR5 memory and the K20A/C will also find its way into a consumer version of the card.  Performance is reported at about 30% faster than a single GeForce GTX 680 and this card should make its debut around the end of may and just in time for Computex. Although pricing has not been officially announced you can most likely expect a $499-$599 price tag attached to it.  The second of the three cards is the GTX 770, which is essentially a GK104-425 die and is just a much higher clocked version of the GTX 680 with a 256-bit memory interface and 4GB of GDDR5 memory.

The NVIDIA product stack should now consist of a 6GB Titan, 5GB GTX 780, 4GB GTX 770 and finally a 2GB GTX 760 Ti. These cards should all be available for sale at the end of May as a precursor to the new GTX 780.  The third card in the lineup is the GeForce GTX 760 Titanium, which for some reason is still based off the die as the GTX 670’s GK104-225. This card is geared to have 2GB of memory and put solid pressure on AMD’s 7800 and 8800 line of cards. Performance of this new part is claimed to be at a 20-23% increase form the GTX 660 Ti and is the card that will be released at this years Computex show in Taiwan. NVIDIA controls their own ball and these things may change, but until Maxwell gets released in 2014 I do not think we will see any more new silicon from them this year and the same can be said about AMD who are also holding back their Volcanic Islands chipsets that may see the light of day at holiday time 2013, but don’t hold your breath as 2014 is probably when the magic will happen. As an NVIDIA fan how does this news fare for you? Are you excited to see new silicon from NVIDIA, or do you think that the market is fine for the moment? Here at Tech Of Tomorrow we want to hear what you have to say and really appreciate your interaction in the comments below.  Thank you for reading and your voice always has a place here on TOT.

Heres the link to the site if you want to read it there:

http://www.techoftomorrow.com/2013/pc/nvidia-gtx-780-5gb-gtx-770-4gb-video-cards-coming/

System: AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 8GB Mushkin Sliverline, Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, Fractal Designs Core 1000, 500GB Seagate Barracuda, Corsair TX750W, Zalman CNPS5X (awful cooler), and a GTx 560 1GB.

it's a shame if the 780 isn't better than titan. cause than titan will stay the same price, witch means i have to wait long time to the titan to drop in price before i can go sli!

Titan LE is supposed to be 30% faster than the 680? LOL, how fast is the normal titan supposed to be? IIRC its about 30 to 40% faster than the 680 (as long as the 2gb framebuffer from the 680 doesn't limit it) and around 20 to 30% faster than the 7970 ghz edition.

Woah wee, loads of vram

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

770 here I come. I really love cool and silent GPU refinements. I've been listening to the afterburner turbine of my GTX 470 for far too long, and even if it can still max 70% of new games it's time. I just HOPE the reference design isn't ugly black plastic, or that a partner cooler design comes out really quick. A titan-like reference design is optimal! Make it happen Nvidia!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I hope GTX 670 prices come down after 700 series come out. Might add another GTX670 into my system.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I will buy Gtx 780 if it's priced reasonably, if it's over 650€ then no f*****g way.

Sweet. Guess that means I can wait another generation before my 670 will become irrelevant.