Can I control two seperate folding machines from 1 PC

Go to solution Solved by j1philli,
36 minutes ago, skaullywag said:

Hi

Dumb question from someone who just likes to see how the hardware is holding up. Is it possible for me to remotely control another machine from the F@H client? Both machines are set up to use the same passkey and username, but it seems like I should be able to control both GPUs and both CPUs from the same client on the same home network. Is this possible, or am I stuck remoting into the other machine to do the monitoring?

P.S. I have no clue where to start on the remoting into the other machine either, if you've got suggestions for where to start that. I would also appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Skaullywag

You are able to use the F@H Client and control almost everything you need from it. If they are all on the same network these are your steps. On the left hand side of the of the F@H client you have the client list and at the bottom you have an add button. This is where you are able to input the IP address of the other machines on your network. You can find out the the ip address of a machine by running a command prompt(cmd) and typing ipconfig and the IPv4 address is the address you input into the F@H client. The port should be defaulted the same between all clients I believe. By default there shouldn't be any passwords setup to be able to remote in but it is and option in the configuration setting. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask here! Happy Folding! 

Hi

Dumb question from someone who just likes to see how the hardware is holding up. Is it possible for me to remotely control another machine from the F@H client? Both machines are set up to use the same passkey and username, but it seems like I should be able to control both GPUs and both CPUs from the same client on the same home network. Is this possible, or am I stuck remoting into the other machine to do the monitoring?

P.S. I have no clue where to start on the remoting into the other machine either, if you've got suggestions for where to start that. I would also appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Skaullywag

I am sure there are many ways to do that, personally I monitor and control my F@H machine remotely from my phone using Windows Remote Desktop.

It's an embedded feature in Windows 10 and a free app on Android.

If you want to monitor from outside your local network you need to enable port forwarding on your router and get the ip of your PC.

36 minutes ago, skaullywag said:

Hi

Thanks in advance,

Skaullywag

You are able to use the F@H Client and control almost everything you need from it. If they are all on the same network these are your steps. On the left hand side of the of the F@H client you have the client list and at the bottom you have an add button. This is where you are able to input the IP address of the other machines on your network. You can find out the the ip address of a machine by running a command prompt(cmd) and typing ipconfig and the IPv4 address is the address you input into the F@H client. The port should be defaulted the same between all clients I believe. By default there shouldn't be any passwords setup to be able to remote in but it is and option in the configuration setting. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask here! Happy Folding! 

Join TEAM LTT in the fight against COVID-19 with F@H & BOINC ~ My EOC Folding Stats ~ My F@H Stats ~ My BOINC Stats

Daily Driver: i7-8086/32GB RAM/500GB SSD/4TB HDD/RTX2070/PG279Q

Unraid Server: 2700X/32GB RAM/750GB RAW SSD/22TB RAW HDD/GTX 1050

3 hours ago, j1philli said:

Thank you! This is what I was looking for!