Internet Issues

pugnaq

Hey everyone, first of all thank you for reading my post and hopefully trying to help me. 

I live in Venezuela and unfortunately our internet issues are as bad as they can get, together with our government.

I can't play online with my ADSL Internet as I can't have a fun experience, my only choice is to browse the internet and play online with my LTE connection via hotspot, however I can barely get 6 mb download speed and 100/150ms ping during the day, at night the LTE gets better giving me 30+ mb download and 15+ upload with 90ms ping, unfortunately I can't always play with my 4G hotspot as it will always give me a strict nat so playing COD is out of my list. I tried to fix my ADSL and was able to achieve 

Downstream              Upstream

SNR Margin:             27.3db                              14.1db

Line Attenuation:    9.0db                                 4.8db

Data Rate:                  4864kbps                         959kbps

My speedtest gives me 110ms 3.71mb down and 0.77mb up

So far seems kind of stable, I wonder if I upgrade my internet to 8mb will I be able to play just fine? As of right now my internet is barely going down. Is my line capable of handling 8mb of speed without losing stability? The things I've tried to fix this are incredible, to achieve an open nat using my 4g hotspot I had to buy an android phone just to use it as a modem, root the phone, install vpn hotspot, subscribe to a premium vpn

9 hours ago, pugnaq said:

My speedtest gives me 110ms 3.71mb down and 0.77mb up

If this is close to the speed that you're paying for from your ISP, then not much more can be done except to upgrade your internet package. Your ping is a little high, but this can be due to a lot of things both inside your local network and beyond your modem. Should this number decrease during peak internet usage (which is rare these days) then it's likely due to traffic congestion in your neighbourhood (especially if most people use the same ISP), at the ISP or who the ISP links to. Not much you can do about that except to maybe upgrade your internet package or switch to another ISP.

9 hours ago, pugnaq said:

So far seems kind of stable, I wonder if I upgrade my internet to 8mb will I be able to play just fine? As of right now my internet is barely going down. Is my line capable of handling 8mb of speed without losing stability?

If your ISP provides upgrade to your existing connection without having to physically change the line hardware, then it's safe to say that you're fine. From my research, ADSL has a maximum downstream rate of 24Mbps.