external HDD,prone to failures?

frozensun
3 minutes ago, frozensun said:

...The thing I don't like is moving external brick with the enclosure,I really don't get it if the drive 4 TB of capacity doesn't need external adapter why does 6 TB and above models do?

Hunh? This is confusing. Are you talking about both external 4TB and 6TB drives? Or just the drives inside both?

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

14 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Hunh? This is confusing. Are you talking about both external 4TB and 6TB drives? Or just the drives inside both?

as you know there are external HDD with 4 TB capacity who don't need external power adapter.

So I wonder why drives with bigger capacity do?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

11 minutes ago, frozensun said:

as you know there are external HDD with 4 TB capacity who don't need external power adapter.

So I wonder why drives with bigger capacity do?

Unless those have 2.5" HDDs or SSDs inside, you need a power adapter. 4TB is the largest 2.5" consumer drives available. Anything bigger has to be 3.5". USB only provides only 5v and 3.5" HDDs need 12v in addition to 5V.

I'm getting tired of arguing with you when you aren't paying attention. Do whatever you want but don't come crying back here if (more like when) things don't work out like you want and expect to get any sympathy.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

44 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Unless those have 2.5" HDDs or SSDs inside, you need a power adapter. 4TB is the largest 2.5" consumer drives available. Anything bigger has to be 3.5". USB only provides only 5v and 3.5" HDDs need 12v in addition to 5V.

I'm getting tired of arguing with you when you aren't paying attention. Do whatever you want but don't come crying back here if (more like when) things don't work out like you want and expect to get any sympathy.

I know that,but doesn't matter..thx for reply.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.