RX 5700 XT HDMI won't work

YoIsaza

Hello everybody,

I am new here and I decided to create this post because I am having a particular issue with my new rig.

GPU: ROG STRIX RX 5700 XT 8GB OC 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

MB: TUF B450-m plus gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB 3000Mhz.

So, I put this setup together about a month ago.

When I just got it, I was using an old VGA with a to HDMI adapter. This didn't work, so I borrowed an HDMI monitor. This worked with no issues until I got two DP/HDMI monitors, which I plugged to the GPU both through DP. I stopped using the HDMI one, however, due to my job, I started using the HDMI one again. This worked for about a week and then suddenly that screen (the HDMI) only went black starting the "no-signal" message.

I then started testing:

> The monitor, cables and everything related to ti works just fine in other computers.

> Plugged the DP monitors through HDMI, and then same happen, actually, the screen I plugged via HDMI started blinking like the computer was trying to detect it and then it failed, multiple times.

> After the second attempt with the DP monitor through HDMI, then it started to affect the other monitor which was still connected via DP (it also started blinking).

> I tested the pc with a different GPU, it worked just fine.

> Tested my GPU with a different PC, still the HDMI won't work. In that computer the screen didn't start to blink, but it just wouldn't work.

> We run DDU on that computer to test the drivers, and while the drivers were uninstalled on that PC, the HDMI worked just fine, with the proper resolution and everything. As soon as we installed the Adrenaline software (tested 20.3 and 20.4 versions) it just started failing again, went completely black.

> I reinstalled windows, like, completely on my computer, and then the same behavior as on the other computer: with no drivers would work, with the drivers, would fail.

The store I got the GPU from says that the piece could be defective and I would need to send it back to get it checked and replaced if needed, however, due to the quarantine, it ,could take several weeks, and I am using this PC for WFH, so, I can't be without a pc, so, I am trying to check any possible solution that wouldn't include sending the GPU out.

I will appreciate your help on this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Everybody,

Just following up on this thread :D

Any help, suggestion, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Have you tried one monitor at a time ? 

Also make sure enchanced sync is turned off at all times (its the main culprit of blackscreens)

Same for virtual super resolution

Let's agree to disagree

On 4/27/2020 at 4:20 AM, MrTiC said:

Have you tried one monitor at a time ? 

Also make sure enchanced sync is turned off at all times (its the main culprit of blackscreens)

Same for virtual super resolution

Hey!

Thank you so  much for your help.

I have turned freesync on, not completely sure if this could also affect. And Enhanced Sync was off. Nothing else is turned on in those terms.

Didn't try one monitor at a time yet... Well, at least not on my own. On the other computer I tested, there was only one HDMI monitor available, and still the same issue with the HDMI.

I have to mention that one of the things that bothers me the most, is that the whole computer in games and out of games performs basically great (aside from one issue that happens once in a while, in which suddenly any browser hangs -only the browsers, nothing else- and I have to force stop). It is just those blinking issues and the HDMI not working.

Thanks for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 5:29 AM, YoIsaza said:

Hey!

Thank you so  much for your help.

I have turned freesync on, not completely sure if this could also affect. And Enhanced Sync was off. Nothing else is turned on in those terms.

Didn't try one monitor at a time yet... Well, at least not on my own. On the other computer I tested, there was only one HDMI monitor available, and still the same issue with the HDMI.

I have to mention that one of the things that bothers me the most, is that the whole computer in games and out of games performs basically great (aside from one issue that happens once in a while, in which suddenly any browser hangs -only the browsers, nothing else- and I have to force stop). It is just those blinking issues and the HDMI not working.

Thanks for your attention.

Turn off hardware acceleration in browsers, see if that helps

Let's agree to disagree