Best cooler for ryzen threadripper 3990x

Hey guys, do any of you have an suggestions for what the best overall cooler for the tr 3990x would be?

I have unlimited budget and want something that will give me exceptional cooling under a high load. I do not care what type of cooler: aio, air or more, I am also building a custom case so room will not be an issue. I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

Go custom loop if money is no object. I did so for my 3970X and I never really have to be concerned about temps.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

Go custom loop if money is no object. I did so for my 3970X and I never really have to be concerned about temps.

Sweet, thanks for the advice :)

For AMD Ryzen Threaddripper Go for the HSF cooling. Heat sink and fan. This setting has fewer moving objects. This is always better than AIO(aal-in-one). Large CPU> Large IHS(integrated heat spreader)> more contact area to cover. Further, Circular base plate of any AIO cooling system fails to cover the edges of the square shaped IHS.

1 minute ago, techy_akshay said:

For AMD Ryzen Threaddripper Go for the HSF cooling. Heat sink and fan. This setting has fewer moving objects. This is always better than AIO...

Ok, hmm I have heard that after under load for extended time, they start to become less efficient, and as water conducts heat better, would a custom loop be better? Or would the hsf still be better?. Also is there an in between/ hybrid?

2 minutes ago, Max_s said:

Also is there an in between/ hybrid?

providing you run stock, you could allways just go for the reliability of a big aircooler. because its gonna keep the temps in check, and you really dont have to worry that it may fail one day. 

custom loop is the best option cooling performance wise, but you have to keep it maintained, and keep in mind there is allways more failure points. 

as such , if you plan on rendering for a really long ammounnt of time, its likely not the best options

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

providing you run stock, you could allways just go for the reliability of a big aircooler. because its gonna keep the temps in check, and you really dont have to worry that it may fail one day. 

as such , if you plan on rendering for a really long ammounnt of time, its likely not the best options

Ok, I'm thinking of overclocking quite a bit for gaming, and also I will probably be rendering for around 1-3h at a time and probably around the same for gaming. For air cooling I was thinking of the noctua nh-u14s. For these situations what would you recommend or pick?

13 minutes ago, Max_s said:

For air cooling I was thinking of the noctua nh-u14s. For these situations what would you recommend or pick?

Custom if i had the option, money and time to put into that. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Custom if i had the option, money and time to put into that. 

Ok thanks :)