Framerate help Stutter

Hey Guys.

I recently build my very first gaming pc but im having issues its got an R9 280x and an AMD 8350. With these specs i should be able to run allmost any games from around medium to ultra settings but my framerate bumps up and down for no reason. For example i launch minecraft wich isent the most demanding game ever and my frame rate goes up to around 80 FPS, but around every 15 seconds it goes down to 10 for 2 seconds for no reason why is this i hope you can help me :D

Hey Guys.

I recently build my very first gaming pc but im having issues its got an R9 280x and an AMD 8350. With these specs i should be able to run allmost any games from around medium to ultra settings but my framerate bumps up and down for no reason. For example i launch minecraft wich isent the most demanding game ever and my frame rate goes up to around 80 FPS, but around every 15 seconds it goes down to 10 for 2 seconds for no reason why is this i hope you can help me :D

Well ofr minecraft it is very CPU intesive, it might be a ram issue, what is the clock on your ram and CPU?

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Go into the bios and activate HPC mode! You welcome :D

Wouldent that be bad since im not overclocking?

No, if you activate it, HPC will not let your pc to lower the cpu frequency if is under load.

Ok so i downloaded HW monitor to check the temps of my cpu under load and i said that it had reached around 100-150 degrees Celius wich is not possbile considering that would melt the fan on the CPU

Can you please install another app and check the temp again ? Something like Aida64

http://imgur.com/oUJ948v

ok i Installed the app, and did a bit of googling. Maby its a problem with my shitty MSI 760G Mobo

So, the real temp is 45º not 146º. Something is not wright with your temp sensor.

Did you activate the HPC mode ? Do you have those problems anymore ?

So i went into the bios but i could not find the HPC mode anywhere, could it be called anything else. Or did i look in the wrong place

What is your mobo model ? a-bios2.png

This is a ROG mobo.

Its an MSI 760GM-P21 (FX) 

I know what is your problem mate. Your shitty mobo. http://us.msi.com/product/mb/760GMP21_FX.html#/?div=CPUSupport  Look at Note 1 and Note 2

Your CPU is NOT on the support page. That mobo only supports CPU`s with max tdp of 95W , your CPU has a tdp of 125W.  http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx/pages/amdfx.aspx#2

Ah fuck this meens ill have to buy a new Mobo for this thing to even work. I have like 110 dollars laying around do you think that will be enough to get a good enough mobo? Does this explain the wierd temps tho?

I have a m5a97 r2.0 its great and I have a 8320 so u can probs get good oc if you want

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I know what is your problem mate. Your shitty mobo. http://us.msi.com/product/mb/760GMP21_FX.html#/?div=CPUSupport  Look at Note 1 and Note 2

Your CPU is NOT on the support page. That mobo only supports CPU`s with max tdp of 95W , your CPU has a tdp of 125W.  http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/amdfx/pages/amdfx.aspx#2

Thanks for the help :D i dont think i would be able to figure this out without the help of an awsome comunity btw :D

Well that exact mobo is alot more expensive than that over here in europe, but thanks for the help anyways :D. When i posted this post on the forum i had no clue that this even had anything to do with my mobo, i would be clueless without the wondfull help you gave me.