New 4k Monitor Help

raven123

Hi, So I'm planning to buy this monitor 27UK850-W. I will be using it a lot for programming and some pc gaming and console gaming(ps4 pro). My question is 27 inches good enough for 4k? Ill be seating around 2-3 feet away from the monitor.

IS there any better monitor like this one on the same price?

I've been eyeing that same monitor for a bit now. Honestly with high resolutions it really depends on how good your eyesight is. Right now I'm sitting around the same distance away from a 23" 1080p monitor; text and images just aren't as sharp as they are on my phone. For gaming it doesn't matter as much, but now that I've started my comp-sci course staring at code all day (VS Code, Dracula theme, Fira Code font), and watching a lot more tv, I really desire a large, higher res screen, and more color accuracy.

Here are a few of the other ones I'm looking at. If you happen to buy one let's trade notes!

BenQ EW3270U 32 Inch 4K HDR $500

LG 27UL600-W (HDR 400 version of the UK850? I dunno) $430

I use 150% scaling for my 27" 4K monitors. Text is sharper, and it gives the workspace of 2560x1440 monitors.

Personally, even 32" is too small to use 100%. Minimum would be 40", but then you get no sharpness improvement.

For the price, these LG monitors are great. Look into the newer models (27UL600, 27UL650)