LF Overear Headphone for dayly lifes and FPS

Kirya
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,
4 hours ago, Kirya said:

I'm wiling to put around 300€ max.

Mainly electro/dance/pop. And then depending on the mood can go on metal/classical music etc. But honestly I listen to a wide variety and I don't think I'm that good I saying the sound is good. Still ! Listenning to any advice

Manuel

I think a dt 770 and a fiio k5 pro would be a pretty awesome setup for your tastes and is my favorite closed back for gaming as well at this budget

Hi everyone,

Came after the video from couple days ago on gaming headphone.

Right now i'm using my own mic + 2 speakers cause i can't stand having headphone on my head (it mainly came from having glasses but i don't have them anymore).

I am looking for headphone for two reasons :

- I can't work correctly with sound around me

- I want to play FPS on my computer and would like to know where are the people coming from which is tough with speakers !

I obviously don't need a mic and I really enjoy listenning to music like, all the time ! So I want something i can get outside without looking like an alien RGB !

Thank you for taking your time and giving me suggestion,

Manuel

what kind of music do you listen to and how much money are you willing to drop?

Mainly electro/dance/pop. And then depending on the mood can go on metal/classical music etc. But honestly I listen to a wide variety and I don't think I'm that good I saying the sound is good. Still ! Listenning to any advice

Manuel

4 hours ago, Kirya said:

Manuel

I think a dt 770 and a fiio k5 pro would be a pretty awesome setup for your tastes and is my favorite closed back for gaming as well at this budget

13 hours ago, Kirya said:

Hi everyone,

Came after the video from couple days ago on gaming headphone.

Right now i'm using my own mic + 2 speakers cause i can't stand having headphone on my head (it mainly came from having glasses but i don't have them anymore).

I am looking for headphone for two reasons :

- I can't work correctly with sound around me

- I want to play FPS on my computer and would like to know where are the people coming from which is tough with speakers !

I obviously don't need a mic and I really enjoy listenning to music like, all the time ! So I want something i can get outside without looking like an alien RGB !

Thank you for taking your time and giving me suggestion,

Manuel

I vote for AKG K702s, but could my opinion could be biased. Never used anything else.

Thank you two for the answers,

I will be looking at those two references for now.

What could let me to choose one or the other ?

Also, I am totaly new to DAC, where can I get more informations about those ?

Manuel

Edit : Looks like i'll need an AMP if I go for a DAC - according to the LTT post. So should I put more into the headphone which would not require a dac/amp ?

3 hours ago, Kirya said:

Thank you two for the answers,

I will be looking at those two references for now.

What could let me to choose one or the other ?

Also, I am totaly new to DAC, where can I get more informations about those ?

Manuel

Edit : Looks like i'll need an AMP if I go for a DAC - according to the LTT post. So should I put more into the headphone which would not require a dac/amp ?

The k5 pro is a amp/dac so a 2 in 1 u it so your all good.. the k702 is a openc back which would let a lot of sound In and not isolate you . It's also not as good for gaming even though it performs pretty good for gaming. The dt 770 with your music tastes also would be a better pick Imo

I see ! Thank you very much, i'll wait a couple of days to see If there is any other advice and probably go for that,

Manuel

Last question : looks like you are rocking the dt 990, it seems to be the same price as the dt 770 ? Why do you recommend the 770 over the 990 ?

1 hour ago, Kirya said:

I see ! Thank you very much, i'll wait a couple of days to see If there is any other advice and probably go for that,

Manuel

Last question : looks like you are rocking the dt 990, it seems to be the same price as the dt 770 ? Why do you recommend the 770 over the 990 ?

The dt 990 is a headphone you know you want it's not a headphone for everyone. But if you know you like it it's an excellent headphone. The reason I recommended the dt 770is because I feel it fits your music preferences as well as it seems you needed sound isolation.  The dt 990 is an open back so it lets outside sound in but also takes what your listening to and let's it out for a more open sorta more natural sound

4 hours ago, rice guru said:

The k702 is a openc back which would let a lot of sound In and not isolate you . It's also not as good for gaming even though it performs pretty good for gaming. The dt 770 with your music tastes also would be a better pick Imo

Auto correct: The AKG K702s are open back which would help with ear fatigue. It's also not as good for gaming even though it performs pretty good for gaming. The dt 770 with your music tastes also would be a better pick Imo

Why would the DT's be better for the music? I mix and master on my AKG K702s trap, hip hop and even Orchestral instruments. How dare you! Okay, i'll stop being sarcastic, i don't know what the DTs would sound like.

But i really do mix and master all my tracks on these headphones. Link below. With being open, i also notice my ears never hurt. I tried to use a pair of closed back headphones once for 2 seconds, just can't do it.
I did warn, i might be biased towards my headphones lol  
https://letscreatemusic.com/beat/grand-free-download-2280501

34 minutes ago, Popa2caps said:

Auto correct: The AKG K702s are open back which would help with ear fatigue. It's also not as good for gaming even though it performs pretty good for gaming. The dt 770 with your music tastes also would be a better pick Imo

Why would the DT's be better for the music? I mix and master on my AKG K702s trap, hip hop and even Orchestral instruments. How dare you! Okay, i'll stop being sarcastic, i don't know what the DTs would sound like.

But i really do mix and master all my tracks on these headphones. Link below. With being open, i also notice my ears never hurt. I tried to use a pair of closed back headphones once for 2 seconds, just can't do it.
I did warn, i might be biased towards my headphones lol  
https://letscreatemusic.com/beat/grand-free-download-2280501

so to answer your question why it would be better for his tastes for music is the very nice bass response mainly beyerdynamics do very tasteful accurate bassy the digs deep and extends very well to the subbass in a very fun detailed way the treble response also adds a bit of fun in their as well with 808's and snares. the dt 770 is used pretty often in monitoring and mixing.

generally when mixing this isnt a great thing and you would want something more flat like the akg k702, k712 dt 880, or a shure srh 840 as the linear more neutral response gives you a more accurate sound say if you were mixing a song one a bass heavy headphone it can be quite bass anemic. 

Im also a big fan of both closed and opens. I use opens on the daily for gaming my very occasional self music producing andjust listening to music

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

so to answer your question why it would be better for his tastes for music is the very nice bass response mainly beyerdynamics do very tasteful accurate bassy the digs deep and extends very well to the subbass in a very fun detailed way the treble response also adds a bit of fun in their as well with 808's and snares. the dt 770 is used pretty often in monitoring and 

generally when mixing this isnt a great thing and you would want something more flat like the akg k702, k712 dt 880, or a shure srh 840 as the linear more neutral response gives you a more accurate sound say if you were mixing a song one a bass heavy headphone it can be quite bass anemic. 

Im also a big fan of both closed and opens. I use opens on the daily for gaming my very occasional self music producing andjust listening to music

+ Thanks for that! I'll have to at somepoint pick up some headphones. It gets boring using the same pair. I do understand what you mean, my headphones are very flat.

1 minute ago, Popa2caps said:

+ Thanks for that! I'll have to at somepoint pick up some headphones. It gets boring using the same pair. I do understand what you mean, my headphones are very flat.

for sure! you have a ton of options out there. 

Very interesting talk, thank you for sharing !!

Last question, If i was only gaming at home & listenning to music without needing the sound isolation, would you go for the dt990 instead of 770dt

Manuel

7 minutes ago, Kirya said:

Very interesting talk, thank you for sharing !!

Last question, If i was only gaming at home & listenning to music without needing the sound isolation, would you go for the dt990 instead of 770dt

Manuel

how sensitive are you to higher frequencies? these are a headphone I would much reccomend reading up on and watching reviews for. cause its hard for me to reccomend as they can be quite sharp treble wise

I guess i'll hit some reviews ! As i'm not sure what you just said means :D

Merci,

Manuel

So i've been looking for a couple of website to buy the DT 770, it looks like there are quite a lot of version :

image.png.e5d6ed5eb0c11789a830d86833cee4ab.png

Even though the first one to come back when looking for it is the PRO 80 ohms version, which one should I get ? What does the resistance change ?

Same for the fiio k5 which seems to come in a pro version too !

Edit : just found out you said Fiio K5 Pro :)

Manuel

On 4/15/2020 at 6:31 PM, Kirya said:

So i've been looking for a couple of website to buy the DT 770, it looks like there are quite a lot of version :

image.png.e5d6ed5eb0c11789a830d86833cee4ab.png

Even though the first one to come back when looking for it is the PRO 80 ohms version, which one should I get ? What does the resistance change ?

Same for the fiio k5 which seems to come in a pro version too !

Edit : just found out you said Fiio K5 Pro :)

Manuel

The resistance change how hard it this to drive and in this case sound quality. The 250 oh. Is my reccomended it sounds the best. And will take advantage of the k5 pro's power

1 hour ago, rice guru said:

The resistance change how hard it this to drive and in this case sound quality. The 250 oh. Is my reccomended it sounds the best. And will take advantage of the k5 pro's power

Thanks a lot,

Concerning the I/O, see picture. I guess I will be going from my PC to the FIIO K5 through the L/R right ? And then it will also be connected to power correct ?

What are the coaxial / optical / and USB in for ?

image.png.eb2fee8df6c5fb28b4cfdf36dc24cd5c.png

2 hours ago, Kirya said:

Thanks a lot,

Concerning the I/O, see picture. I guess I will be going from my PC to the FIIO K5 through the L/R right ? And then it will also be connected to power correct ?

What are the coaxial / optical / and USB in for ?

image.png.eb2fee8df6c5fb28b4cfdf36dc24cd5c.png

Nope you can connect through USB in, coaxial in, or optical In as that will let you use the dac. A DAC is a digital to analog converter, USB,coax and optical are all digital. theleft and right in are inputs to bypass the dac and just use the amp

Quick update,

I received everything ! And it's pretty crazy haha, it's like nothing i've ever have before !

Manuel