Bought LG 27UK850-W. Was This a Mistake? (Seeing that new 2020 models are coming)

Pandah
Just bought an LG 27UK850-W monitor, considering it's had superb reviews for the past two years. However, now I am seeing that new monitors/panels are releasing this year, such as the Samsung UR55 & LG 27GN950-B. However, I can't find any credible reviews on them yet. (Nor a price for the LG 27GN950-B).

LG 27GN950-B *Aug 31st Release date* ( https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27gn950-b-gaming-monitor?bvstate=pg:2/ct:r ) -- I can't find any price info --

What are your guys' thoughts? Return and wait/buy the newer monitors, or keep? I am a casual-competitive gamer (League, CSGO, Overwatch, etc..), and I already own an Acer Predator XB271HK (1440p 165hz Gsync IPS) & an Asus VG248qE (1080p 144hz TN) <- The Asus monitor is the one I'm wanting to replace with a 4k monitor.

I have the 2k monitor for competitive games. I want the 4k monitor for casual games and media, replacing my 1080p one.

4K 60hz IPS - preferably below 5ms response time. Freesync or Gsync (I have an RTX 2080 super). HDR if available. $600 or below.

If you are happy with the current monitor, why not just keep it?

Remember that the corona virus situation will make it harder for LG and Samsung to manfucature and ship the new products, so it might take weeks or even months before you get yours.

9 minutes ago, Gaires said:

If you are happy with the current monitor, why not just keep it?

Remember that the corona virus situation will make it harder for LG and Samsung to manfucature and ship the new products, so it might take weeks or even months before you get yours.

Well, I'm not happy with the 1080p monitor! I've been saving for several years (college student) to get my first PC, and I recently built a pretty beefy comp (at least I think). 

RTX 2080 Super 

16 GB 3200Mhz RAM

Ryzen 7 3700x 

etc.. 

I want to push 4k on some casual games and general media. I bought the 2k monitor myself, but the 1080p one I'm just borrowing from a friend until I buy my own 2nd monitor! 

The LG monitor I just purchased says it's arriving April 17th through my Amazon prime shipping. So I still have time to cancel and what-not! 

Edit:

I see you may have been talking about a delay in the new 2020 monitors releasing... I didn't think of that. 

3 minutes ago, Pandah said:

Well, I'm not happy with the 1080p monitor! I've been saving for several years (college student) to get my first PC, and I recently built a pretty beefy comp (at least I think). 

RTX 2080 Super 

16 GB 3200Mhz RAM

Ryzen 7 3700x 

etc.. 

I want to push 4k on some casual games and general media. I bought the 2k monitor myself, but the 1080p one I'm just borrowing from a friend until I buy my own 2nd monitor! 

The LG monitor I just purchased says it's arriving April 17th through my Amazon prime shipping. So I still have time to cancel and what-not! 

Oh, I thought you already had the new LG monitor and meant that one.

Doesn't Amazon have pretty good returning policy where you can hook up the new monitor, see if you like it and return it if you don't?

7 minutes ago, Gaires said:

Oh, I thought you already had the new LG monitor and meant that one.

Doesn't Amazon have pretty good returning policy where you can hook up the new monitor, see if you like it and return it if you don't?

I'll have to read up on that! I'm fairly new to all of this so I don't know which places have the best policies. Although, I've seen everywhere to never buy a monitor from Newegg, so I'm skipping that. If Amazon does have such a policy, I'll be taking advantage of that for sure! 

UK is 2018 model.

2019 is UL (27UL600, 27UL650...) and I don't think they've been updated for 2020.

1 hour ago, Sugadaddy said:

UK is 2018 model.

2019 is UL (27UL600, 27UL650...) and I don't think they've been updated for 2020.

Yea I was comparing the 2018 model (the 2019 model is the same panel, from what I've heard, but with very small changes) with the 2020 Samsung UR55 monitor, which uses the new Innolux panels. I was also wondering about any other new 4k 2020 IPS monitors I could get for under $600 with the requirements I listed.