Could I overclock the AOC 24G2U5 (75Hz) Monitor to 144Hz?

fawal_1997

I know that it is a little bit far. Anyway, I want to buy the (144Hz) monitor (AOC24G2U) but the distributor in my country says that the only available option is the 75Hz RN considering the ongoing pandemic delaying shipments.
I am just wondering, Could The 2 monitors have the same panel but one is limited with software? The manufacturer website even uses the same specs manual for the 2 monitors! and according to displayspecifications.com they does have the same panel.
I hope that anyone with the 75Hz panel one answers these speculations.

6 minutes ago, fawal_1997 said:

I know that it is a little bit far. Anyway, I want to buy the (144Hz) monitor (AOC24G2U) but the distributor in my country says that the only available option is the 75Hz RN considering the ongoing pandemic delaying shipments.
I am just wondering, Could The 2 monitors have the same panel but one is limited with software? The manufacturer website even uses the same specs manual for the 2 monitors! and according to displayspecifications.com they does have the same panel.
I hope that anyone with the 75Hz panel one answers these speculations.

Heyy ❤️

I don't think it's a case of software, since the 144Hz variant is more expensive than the 75 Hz, so if they would just cap 144Hz monitors to 75 Hz and sell them at a lower price, they would lose money.

You can try slowly raising the amount of Hz until you reach 144Hz, for example: Raise it to 90Hz, see if it gives any problems or instability. If it doesn't, raise it to 110, etc etc.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:19 PM, ooof.u said:

Heyy ❤️

I don't think it's a case of software, since the 144Hz variant is more expensive than the 75 Hz, so if they would just cap 144Hz monitors to 75 Hz and sell them at a lower price, they would lose money.

You can try slowly raising the amount of Hz until you reach 144Hz, for example: Raise it to 90Hz, see if it gives any problems or instability. If it doesn't, raise it to 110, etc etc.

Okay. Thanks for the advice. Anyway, The price difference turned out to new far less than I expected. So, I think I will wait for the 144Hz one to avoid the hassle.