Memtest86 Error on Test 7

My system has been crashing at the login screen or immediately after login ever since I first built it. I've tried reinstalling the RAM modules, ran SFC, and of course cleared any SSD errors.

Got this error during memtest86.

Facts:

• New system with fresh OS
  • RAM kit is G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB (8GB x 2), 3200 MHz, 16-18-18-38
  • DOCP profile sets the DRAM voltage at 1.36V with it hitting 1.37V under gaming loads
  • No CPU, FCLK, or RAM OC
  • RAM kit is on QVL of MSI B450-A Pro MAX

Should I even try undervolting the RAM or just get a replacement?

IMG_20200411_214037.jpg

with Ryzen CPUs the most common cause of memory errors in testing and applications is too little SOC voltages. Try upping your SOC voltage to 1.1v and test. You are safe to go up to 1.2v for 24/7 operations. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

On 4/11/2020 at 10:15 PM, Skiiwee29 said:

with Ryzen CPUs the most common cause of memory errors in testing and applications is too little SOC voltages. Try upping your SOC voltage to 1.1v and test. You are safe to go up to 1.2v for 24/7 operations. 

Hey, thanks for you reply. My SOC voltage was already at 1.1V this wole time. I tried setting it to 1.16V, and everything booted up just fine multiple times the next day. Thanks for your help! 

• 7 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 1:15 AM, Skiiwee29 said:

Thanks.  Changing SOC voltage to 1.1v corrected similar Memtest86+ errors for me.

• Ryzen 3 3100

• ASRock B450M Pro4 (BIOS v4.30)

• Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB)  DDR4 Model CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W

• No OC

Not to resurrect an old thread, but I just wanted to give an update for anyone who might be experiencing similar RAM issues.

After upping the SOC voltage, the system seemed to boot more consistently, but a few days later, I was still getting random BSODs during web browsing and watching videos on YouTube. Once again, I ran MemTest and came up with multiple errors. I got an RMA from G. Skill after citing MemTest errors. I haven't gotten any issues with the new RAM kit since.