Ryzen 5 3600

Hi, i plan on getting the Ryzen 5 3600, the motherboard i got recommended was Msi B450A PRO MAX, there's nothing similar in that budget where i live. I didn't follow the PC world for a few years and I've read about it necessary BIOS updates with this config. Is this a thing? 

And does HyperX XMP Predator 2x8 3200 "behave" well in this build? 

Thanks! 

My main concern is the BIOS thing, and if that's a problem with this combination. I've read online some ppl have to update and others that don't. 

Iirc "max" boards already come with bios that contain third generation CPU support

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

48 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Iirc "max" boards already come with bios that contain third generation CPU support

Yes thats true but the users will most likely have to update the bios anyway due to the ryzen voltage control issues that the latest bios updates mostly fixes.

18 minutes ago, VerTTi said:

Yes thats true but the users will most likely have to update the bios anyway due to the ryzen voltage control issues that the latest bios updates mostly fixes.

maybe, but it means they will be able to do so without a loaner cpu

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x