I need a good gaming monitor with decent color and refreshrate for gaming, I also edit so I need the best settings for that as well. Im looking for a 1980 x 1080 144Hz Monitor, hopefully around 23.8" or just 24" and if it counts I would like the refresh rate at 1ms or higher, if thats an option for my budget 230$. Also I need some input on whether or not curved monitors at that size are even needed, considering that 24" is not that big. I can understand if its hard to find a monitor at that budget but im desperate. If anyone has the god knowledge and can help me find a decent monitor at that range that im asking for I would be extremely happy.

9 minutes ago, Turtxle said:

I need a good gaming monitor with decent color and refreshrate for gaming, I also edit so I need the best settings for that as well. Im looking for a 1980 x 1080 144Hz Monitor, hopefully around 23.8" or just 24" and if it counts I would like the refresh rate at 1ms or higher, if thats an option for my budget 230$. Also I need some input on whether or not curved monitors at that size are even needed, considering that 24" is not that big. I can understand if its hard to find a monitor at that budget but im desperate. If anyone has the god knowledge and can help me find a decent monitor at that range that im asking for I would be extremely happy.

Heyy ❤️ 

I'm in the same situation as you are, I did find what looks to be a good monitor (23.6'') that I am also going to buy it for myself

From where I'm from, this monitor is 190€ that is around 220$, if you want to check it out: Acer ED242QR 144hz (it's curved)

There's also this ultra cheap 144hz monitor from LG, some people say it's good, others say it sucks. If you have some time to see some reviews about it I'll leave the name here: LG 24GL600F-B

About curved monitors, I think that on small monitors, having a curved one doesn't make much of a difference. On bigger ones though, it might make a difference. It really depends on you, for example: I don't see any advantages to pay a few extra moey just to have a curved monitor, unless you find a really good deal.

Anyways, good luck with your search and I hope you can find a nice monitor for you! ^^

31 minutes ago, ooof.u said:

Acer ED242QR 144hz (it's curved)

LG 24GL600F-B

30 minutes ago, jctappel67 said:

All of these are IPS or VA panels

these are very dim panels, although the panel type can be better it may not be with how dim they are. In some situations TN can be as visually pleasing and close to color accurate, sorta, to VA/IPS. The one I pasted is 350 nits

Just now, Mr.Sir said:

these are very dim panels, although the panel type can be better it may not be with how dim they are.

I've never had an issue with my monitor being too dim, but I'm also not a content creator, so maybe they are a bit dim for that application. Plenty for gaming though.

F@H    EOC

1 minute ago, jctappel67 said:

I've never had an issue with my monitor being too dim, but I'm also not a content creator, so maybe they are a bit dim for that application. Plenty for gaming though.

Idk, its really just preference, but for gaming I tend to like bright TN panels with really fast response time. VA and IPS is slower, but probably not noticeable