Getting more RAM question

Currently in my rig I have a 2x4 kit of DDR3-1600 for a total of 8GB. I can't seem to find another kit thats the same type with the same exact timings and speed thats also 2x4 the closest I found was a guy selling the same kit but its 8+4gb but it does look like it has the same speed with timings. How would that work exactly if I purchased it and put it in my rig?

MY RIG | Intel Core i5-4690K @4.4GHz | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS Z97-A  | Mismatched 24GB RAM @1600MHz DDR3 | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB + PNY CS900 120GB | GIGABYTE AORUS RX 570 4GB | FRACTAL DESIGN FOCUS G | CORSAIR CX550M  | WINDOWS 10 | Acer GN246HL 24" 1080p 144Hz  | Glorious Model O- (Glossy White) Ducky One 2 Mini (White - Cherry MX Silent Red) MOBILE | OnePlus 7 Pro 256GB (Grey) | iPad Pro 10.5 64GB (Gold)  PREVIOUS ACCOUNT: CYANOG

22 minutes ago, Gandek said:

Currently in my rig I have a 2x4 kit of DDR3-1600 for a total of 8GB. I can't seem to find another kit thats the same type with the same exact timings and speed thats also 2x4 the closest I found was a guy selling the same kit but its 8+4gb but it does look like it has the same speed with timings. How would that work exactly if I purchased it and put it in my rig?

If everything else is the same, there should be no issues with the ram sticks being different capacities. 

Even if timings or clock speed are different, the faster Dimms will slow down to match the speed of your slowest, which can cause its own issues. I noticed when attempting to get 24GB of RAM running in my computer (it didn't work mind you), the faster set underclocked itself but was also ALL hardware reserved, making it useless for my system.

It looks like your best bet is going to be to either get a 2x8 kit, or take a shot in the dark with another 2x4 set and try to manually dial everything in.

The 2 sets of Dimms I tried were vastly different modules, one is a 2x4 set of Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz CL9. The other is a 2x8 set of Patriot Vipre 1866mhz CL10 (ok, not quite as different. I though CL was more spread apart)