Cable

Andrew666drew

Cat 5e - Is not rated Gigabit but it can do it on short distances

Cat 6 - Rated gigabit and can achieve it up to 100 meters.

Cat6a Cat7 - Further I believe, also you can run these cables parallel to electrical cables and expect no interference because of the shielding! 

Cat 5e - Is not rated Gigabit but it can do it on short distances

Thats just wrong.

in 2002 a new ISO Norm  ISO/IEC 11801:2002 said all Cat.5 and Cat5.5e cables have to be Gigabit rated. The term "5e" was dropped, every Cat.5 cable produced after 2002 is gigabit ready.

It's just unbelievably hard to kill abandoned standards if nobody wants to know :D

Thats just wrong.

in 2002 a new ISO Norm  ISO/IEC 11801:2002 said all Cat.5 and Cat5.5e cables have to be Gigabit rated. The term "5e" was dropped, every Cat.5 cable produced after 2002 is gigabit ready.

It's just unbelievably hard to kill abandoned standards if nobody wants to know :D

Link please.  And no not every Cat5 cable after 2002 is gigabit ready, if the cable is Cat5e it supports gigabit, if the cable is cat5 it does not.  The reason cat5 is still around is due to people using it for wiring telephones from the madison box.

you can google the isonorm and find it.

if i google it i only get german but i can give you a google translation

Cat-5 cable are today mainly encountered installed base, they are used for signal transmission at high data rates. The specific standard designation is EIA/TIA-568. Cat 5 cables are designed for operating frequencies up to 100 MHz. Due to the high signal frequencies must be used very carefully in the laying and installation, particularly at the junctions of the veins.

Cat 5 cables are often used for structured cabling of computer networks, such as Fast or Gigabit Ethernet. This has promoted the spread of 1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet), since only a single Cat-5 cable is required.

The introduction of 1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet) and the associated signal transmission over all eight wires instead of the current for 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T only four wires, made it necessary that additional values ​​such as PowerSum NEXT etc. are taken into account . Components that meet the new requirements and were suitable for Gigabit Ethernet were marked by the revision of ISO11801 and EN50173 standards as Cat 5e. Cat-5e cables are backward compatible with traditional Cat 5 cables. With the Revision of Standards 2002/2003 Cat-5e disappeared as a term and has since been called back only Cat-5. Installations that were conducted prior to 2002 and the former Cat-5 met, accordingly, may not necessarily be suitable for Gigabit Ethernet and the cables should be checked to see with special instruments before use. The characteristics of designated "Cat 5" cable can not be determined if the manufacturing date is not known.

The names and EIA/TIA-568A EIA/TIA-568B are also used informally to refer to the two specified in this standard assignments of wire pairs color-coded to the contacts of the RJ-45 connector, which says in this case, however, nothing of the transmission quality.

The test values ​​for Cat 5e cable and connectors meet EIA/TIA-568A-5 the newer values ​​according to Class D of ISO / IEC 11801:2002 and EN 50173-1:2002.

i know its strange, i can still buy cat.5e cables like everone else but technically it does not exist and is only named cat5e so you know its gigabit ready (even if every cat5 cable is gigabitready)

you can google the isonorm and find it.

if i google it i only get german but i can give you a google translation

Cat-5 cable are today mainly encountered installed base, they are used for signal transmission at high data rates. The specific standard designation is EIA/TIA-568. Cat 5 cables are designed for operating frequencies up to 100 MHz. Due to the high signal frequencies must be used very carefully in the laying and installation, particularly at the junctions of the veins.

Cat 5 cables are often used for structured cabling of computer networks, such as Fast or Gigabit Ethernet. This has promoted the spread of 1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet), since only a single Cat-5 cable is required.

The introduction of 1000BASE-T (Gigabit Ethernet) and the associated signal transmission over all eight wires instead of the current for 10BASE-T and 100BASE-T only four wires, made it necessary that additional values ​​such as PowerSum NEXT etc. are taken into account . Components that meet the new requirements and were suitable for Gigabit Ethernet were marked by the revision of ISO11801 and EN50173 standards as Cat 5e. Cat-5e cables are backward compatible with traditional Cat 5 cables. With the Revision of Standards 2002/2003 Cat-5e disappeared as a term and has since been called back only Cat-5. Installations that were conducted prior to 2002 and the former Cat-5 met, accordingly, may not necessarily be suitable for Gigabit Ethernet and the cables should be checked to see with special instruments before use. The characteristics of designated "Cat 5" cable can not be determined if the manufacturing date is not known.

The names and EIA/TIA-568A EIA/TIA-568B are also used informally to refer to the two specified in this standard assignments of wire pairs color-coded to the contacts of the RJ-45 connector, which says in this case, however, nothing of the transmission quality.

The test values ​​for Cat 5e cable and connectors meet EIA/TIA-568A-5 the newer values ​​according to Class D of ISO / IEC 11801:2002 and EN 50173-1:2002.

i know its strange, i can still buy cat.5e cables like everone else but technically it does not exist and is only named cat5e so you know its gigabit ready (even if every cat5 cable is gigabitready)

Interesting, but Cat5e has not disappeared as term, every cat 5e cable will say cat 5e, not just cat 5 on the jacket.    Oh well not a big deal, Cat5 and Cat5e are becoming less and less used since Cat6 is only up to a cent more a meter and now that Cat6a is more readily available and is easier to install since you don't need to worry about the small chance of electrical interference from 110v and 240v Cat5e is a dieing category.