Upgrading from hd598cs

Heiks
Go to solution Solved by rice guru,

The treble and the bass is boosted while the kids are pulled back

I have had the hd598cs for about 3 years and loved em before them i had hd598's for 2 years. They are starting to give up (awkward bump ontop of the headphones and sound from 1 ear gives up sometimes) i wondered what headphones i should upgrade to i have about 300$ to use and i dont have a amp. I was thinking about the dt990 pros. i mainly use them for gaming and movie watching. 

Coming from the HD598 Cs, you could grab a pair of HD6XX which is the HD650. As far as I know, the DT990 would give you a more boomy sound, but it is cheaper though

AUDIO:

- Desktop: Sennheiser GSX 1000 --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Nintendo Switch: LG 29UM68-P --> Schiit Loki --> Mackie HM4 --> Sennheiser HD6XX, Audio-Technica ATH-M40X, Sennheiser CX 5.00, Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

- Portable (Wired): LG V30+ --> Audio-Technica CKR70, Ostry KC06A

- Portable (Wireless): Samsung Galaxy S10+ --> Sennheiser PXC 550, Sony WF-1000XM3, Samsung Buds

2 minutes ago, POSIX23 said:

Coming from the HD598 Cs, you could grab a pair of HD6XX which is the HD650. As far as I know, the DT990 would give you a more boomy sound, but it is cheaper though

Nothing wrong with cheaper if it gives you the sound you like I'm personally not the biggest fan of the 6xx though. @Heiks what kinda sound are you looking for?

5 hours ago, POSIX23 said:

as the HD650 is extremely overpriced where i am from 400+ i dont think they are an option tho my friend recently bought a DT990 i will test them when he gets them.

5 hours ago, rice guru said:

Nothing wrong with cheaper if it gives you the sound you like I'm personally not the biggest fan of the 6xx though. @Heiks what kinda sound are you looking for?

Im not sure i have been using the 598s as my only headphones for so long but i will try my friends DT990s and if i like them i will order my own. I have heard thet they have a V shape sound but i have no idea what that really means or how much it differs from the 598s @rice guru?

The treble and the bass is boosted while the kids are pulled back