AMD and Radeon Compatability Problems

About 4 months ago I bough a GTX 1050ti, yesterday my friend gifted me his RX 590 in favor of a new card he had bought. I being the ignorant man I am, plugged the RX 590 into the Top x16 PCIe Slot, and the 1050ti into the Bottom x16 PCIe slot. I then installed the Radeon Drivers for the 590 and left the Nvidia ones installed. Today I tried to use my Oculus Rift VR. It works only when plugged into the 1050ti, but I need working on the 590 because the 590 is a better card, and will run my games better. It will load on the 590 and then freeze immediately after loading the oculus software, and SteamVR does detect the headset. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Please help.

1 minute ago, xdnewlun1 said:

About 4 months ago I bough a GTX 1050ti, yesterday my friend gifted me his RX 590 in favor of a new card he had bought. I being the ignorant man I am, plugged the RX 590 into the Top x16 PCIe Slot, and the 1050ti into the Bottom x16 PCIe slot. I then installed the Radeon Drivers for the 590 and left the Nvidia ones installed. Today I tried to use my Oculus Rift VR. It works only when plugged into the 1050ti, but I need working on the 590 because the 590 is a better card, and will run my games better. It will load on the 590 and then freeze immediately after loading the oculus software, and SteamVR does detect the headset. If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated. Please help.

I don’t see point in leaving 1050ti in your system, this cards not gonna work together and it’ll cause more problems for you. Just get rid off it if you don’t have specific use for it

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

1 minute ago, Whiro said:

I don’t see point in leaving 1050ti in your system, this cards not gonna work together and it’ll cause more problems for you. Just get rid off it if you don’t have specific use for it

The only reason I kept it in, is because im trying to use it to 1 of my monitors, so the 590 runs my main, and vr and the 1050ti, runs my second one.

1 minute ago, Whiro said:
3 minutes ago, xdnewlun1 said:

Be sure to DDU the drivers for the Nvidia card as well if you remove the 1050ti.   You might also need to DDU the 590 driver set afterwards and do a clean install.  

Just now, xdnewlun1 said:

The only reason I kept it in, is because im trying to use it to 1 of my monitors, so the 590 runs my main, and vr and the 1050ti, runs my second one.

Are you running into any power problems?  

Just now, PyroTheWise said:

Are you running into any power problems?  

I have not had any power problems that I am aware of, as of yet.

2 minutes ago, xdnewlun1 said:

I have not had any power problems that I am aware of, as of yet.

I am definitely not the most knowledgeable here but can you tell us the CPU, Motherboard and PSU you are also using.  Others on LTT will know if those 2 cards can draw too much power to co-exist or not.

10 minutes ago, xdnewlun1 said:

I don't really see the point, just run the secondary off the rx590 and be done with it, the performance difference is so small most benchmarks don't pick up the difference. also depending on your mobo, this might end up with both cards running in 8x mode instead of one at 16x

This isn't the late 90's anymore you don't need multiple graphics cards to run multiple monitors. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I am using a Tomahawk B450 Motherboard, Ryzen 5-2600, Seasonic 520W 80+ Bronze PSU

3 minutes ago, xdnewlun1 said:

I am using a Tomahawk B450 Motherboard, Ryzen 5-2600, Seasonic 520W 80+ Bronze PSU

Which wont run both at full bandwidth, uninstall the 1050ti, scrub the drivers and just use the 590, in your case you'll most likely see a stability increase for vr and overall a better experiences, then go sell your 1050ti and get ya mum something nice 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

2 minutes ago, xdnewlun1 said:

Like @it_dont_work said your 590 is powerful enough to run 2 even 3 monitors, you really don’t need this 1050ti, and like I said before it’ll cause more problems than it is worth it.

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS