possible dead cpu

mat10193

Hello, 

I recently got a ryzen 5 3600x and a gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard. I installed it and it booted up fine. it randomly shut off twice within the span of a about 3-4 minutes and I went into the bios to check the settings after the second shut off and noticed that the cpu temp was around 80°C. i set the fan profiles up(I have an aio that uses one of the fan headers to power the pump) and then went to boot up my pc, but it kept having problems booting and would often throw a BSOD, allthough the error was never the same one twice. so after a bit, I decided to reinstall windows onto a different drive. when I booted up my USB install drive, the windows in the windows 10 installer software looked odd, a lot of times until it got to the actual part where I selected the drive to install to, the windows were blank and I had to move them around the screen a bunch to get text to appear. but after, it seemed to install properly and brought me to my desk top. I opened task manager and opened the expanded view and couldnt see any task at all, and the end task button was blank. so I went to restart my pc, and now it wont boot up. it hangs on the scree. with the blue windows 10 logo with the spinning white dots and sometimes will go to a white, yellow or blue screen and just stay there till it restarts. could I have fried my CPU? and if so, I'm assuming that this isnt covered under warranty

3 minutes ago, mat10193 said:

could I have fried my CPU?

maybe, but there is usually some sort of safety to shut down the system before you do.  You did put thermal paste on the cpu right?

yeah, well, it had thermal paste pre applied. and that's what I figured

14 minutes ago, mat10193 said:

yeah, well, it had thermal paste pre applied. and that's what I figured

I did that once

I'm kind of hoping that I didnt fry it, but I'm not sure on what else to do if that isnt the case