What is min spec for just watching YTP 1080p 60fps ?

AboTech

What is min or decent spec for just watching YT 1080p 60fps on an external 65 4k led TV?

Does GPU or CPU plays a role in that ?

I have a plan to buy a laptop just for YTP and Netflix.? I will connect it to a 65 4I led TV.

Right now I have  lot of flag almost not watchable experience using my Samsung laptop i5 2430m 4Ram NvidiaGT 520mx.

Now I can view max only 720p 30fps only. Above that is not working and lots lots lots of lags.

Is there a setting I can do or just buy new specs.

4 minutes ago, AboTech said:

What is min or decent spec for just watching YT 1080p 60fps on an external 65 4k led TV?

Does GPU or CPU plays a role in that ?

I have a plan to buy a laptop just for YTP and Netflix.? I will connect it to a 65 4I led TV.

Right now I have  lot of flag almost not watchable experience using my Samsung laptop i5 2430m 4Ram NvidiaGT 520mx.

Now I can view max only 720p 30fps only. Above that is not working and lots lots lots of lags.

Is there a setting I can do or just buy new specs.

Get more ram. That laptop is good enough for 1080p 60fps. Also maybe monitor the temperatures. It's an old laptop and it might just be overheating.

Thanks Jaslion. I will add more Ram then and see.

58 minutes ago, AboTech said:

There is really no strain to watch youtube videos.  You can have a POS laptop or computer with 8GB ram and be fine.  It will in no way take away all your resources.  Just couple percent depending on device and what not.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

1 hour ago, AboTech said:

Aim for 8gb but before you even do that monitor the temps as I am quite certain it has dried up thermal paste. Also have you ever blown out the dust from the laptop?

i cant buy RAM right now all shops closed due to covid19. and my laptop is 9 yras old and never cleaned or opened. but now i will open it clean it and check.

thanks a lot guys

finished. cleaned it and removed the dry thermal paste and applied a tooth paste :) hopefully the laptop will not burn. (i learned that from Linus team vid).

the result: 50% less lag in 1080p 60fps. but huge improvement in the system speed in terms of using the browser and time to open pages and navigate between them.

all good for now.

thanks a lot guys specially Jaslion.

no matter what i do i can't use my laptop for latest media quality coz my processor doesn't do great support to that.

the Fugking shops aren't opening coz of curfew. i want to buy a new laptop .NOWWWWW

Determine Maximum Supported Resolution on Intel® Graphics Technology

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023781/graphics-drivers.html