Headset microphone is extremely quiet only on PC but not on my phone

DanielC10

I have a Logitech G231 Prodigy headset and i just can't get the microphone to work properly, i have the volume set to 100% in the Windows settings, and other people can't hear me, if i record myself speaking with Audacity or Windows' default voice recorder i can BARELY hear myself by putting the volume all the way up (i mean to the point where if i played music at that volume i would probably hear it from the other room through the headset), i tried boosting the sound through the Windows settings but +10dB isn't enough and +20dB and +30dB add A LOT of noise so they're not viable solutions

I tried connecting this same set to another Windows 10 PC and the sound was exactly the same, but i also tried connecting it to my Galaxy S8 and it worked there, so the problem is either Windows 10 or the Y splitter that came with the headset, but i don't know how to find out which one it is (i don't have a non-Windows 10 PC to try) nor do i know how to fix it

Possible solutions that i found online and tried:

-Reinstalling the drivers, both from the official Realtek site and from the site of my motherboard's manufacturer (it's a MSI B250M Mortar)
-Changing all the Realtek audio manager settings
-Connecting the headset to the front instead of the back
None of these solutions changed a thing for me

Did you try turning off the noise cancelling?

If this doesn't work, you can contact Logitech if your headset is still under warranty, their customer service is pretty good.

My PC : Ryzen 7 3800X | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi | Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4-3600 | Aorus RTX 2080 SUPER | NZXT H710 | MP600 2 TB, 970 EVO Plus 2 TB, WD Black 4 TB HDD | SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 750W | NZXT KRAKEN X72 + a bunch of corsair ql rgb fans

Peripherals : G Pro Wireless, G513 Carbon (Linear), Corsair Virtuoso RGB SE , LG 38GL950G-B

6 minutes ago, you have the corona virus said:

Did you try turning off the noise cancelling?

Yes, i tried turning it on to see if it made the audio with +30dB decent, but it actually just made the audio worse AND didn't remove the the noise so i just turned it back off right away

11 minutes ago, you have the corona virus said:

If this doesn't work, you can contact Logitech if your headset is still under warranty, their customer service is pretty good.

I'll give it a try if i don't get any more suggestions here, it should be under warranty, hopefully i still have the box somewhere