Continuing SSD issues pls help

CSGOaddict

I'm about to freak out.

Okay so this happened: (Honestly just read the title nothing else matters)

Basically, I thought i fixed it by replacing my SATA cable, thought that was faulty, but didn't work.

So today i looked at my BIOS version (idk why i didn't do this first) but its at P1.30 , updated to P1.50 (ASRock B450M Pro4-f). Didn't work. (Have a Ryzen 3 1200)

I saw a solution on Steam forums to go to msconfig and set your core count to your CPUs actual core count. Doesn't seem to have worked?

I have a 113 gigs left on my 512 gig ssd - and when i try to download GTA V (pretty big game btw), when steam is doing its first "allocating space" part, the pc starts to slow down. I don't really want to wait and see if it will completely freeze again. (SSD: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07STTK4TM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Noticed a 100% disk usage btw during these downloads. They're also choppy af. Downloads work fine when putting it on a flash drive (used a 32gig flashdrive and started a rocket league download from steam to test)

I'm honestly clueless at this point. Starting to think it's a faulty drive. No response from Patriot support yet.

Please help. I have 0 clue at this point.

5 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Please help.

Look at your even log, under System. See if there are any red Xs that relate to disk.

Also, download and run CrystalDiskInfo, and post screenshot of what it says about your drive.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

CrystalDiskInfo

image.png.30f496f9ea18eef61d2e3613b7f833c6.png

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Look at your even log, under System. See if there are any red Xs that relate to disk.

Don't quite know what you mean sorry, please let me know how to get there

12 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Don't quite know what you mean sorry, please let me know how to get there

Would help if I could spell right huh?

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System.

Sort by Level, look for Red Xs, especially related to "disk"

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> System.

Okay so im there, can I post a screenshot of this without "leaking" anything?

There are a couple of errors and warnings.

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Seeing errors and red exclamations next to "Service Control Manager"

Seeing lots of warnings next to "DistributedCOM"

EDIT: Also 1 error next to "Volsnap"

3 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

DistributedCOM"

Those are not important (and, as it turns out, quite common, worry not)

3 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Also 1 error next to "Volsnap"

That might be interesting, you can post a screenshot without leaking any personal info, crop if you like, or copy and paste the error here

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

That might be interesting, you can post a screenshot without leaking any personal info, crop if you like, or copy and paste the error here

image.png.bad81a9beeb43bc4453c257c59fa19a0.png

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I found a critical red X next to Kernel-Power on the 28th but i lost it now oof, if i see it ill screenshot and edit this post

Edit:

image.png.3834f8072a255ea674940d8400bb67e6.png

Edit: found a second one. My pc did completely freeze yesterday and had to "Hard shut it down". Then there was a long boot up time on ASRock screen.

7 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

image.png.bad81a9beeb43bc4453c257c59fa19a0.png

If you click on that, down below is a detailed explanation of what that error is, I will need that part please

If you click on that, down below is a detailed explanation of what that error is, I will need that part please

image.png.0abd220bb1f34f89084cbd9423655298.png

This?

Just now, CSGOaddict said:

image.png.0abd220bb1f34f89084cbd9423655298.png

This?

That'd be it.

Now that's not a hard drive issue, if you are certain you've gone through all the System logs for Red Xs, and none have to deal with "disk" then it's highly unlikely it's the drive (as in physical defects that is, might still be a software corruption.)

Now that's not a hard drive issue, if you are certain you've gone through all the System logs for Red Xs, and none have to deal with "disk" then it's highly unlikely it's the drive (as in physical defects that is, might still be a software corruption.)

Okay, I can keep going through it but im back at logs from a week ago and there have been no red Xs next to anything "disk".

Do you have any other thoughts as to what it could be?

4 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Do you have any other thoughts as to what it could be?

Let me read your other thread and think upon this.

Just off the top of my head, without reading the thread:

You do not have XMP enabled, or any sort of overclocking?

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Let me read your other thread and think upon this.

Just off the top of my head, without reading the thread:

You do not have XMP enabled, or any sort of overclocking?

Okay so I have my "XMP Profile" that was already there enabled for my ram so it runs at 2666 instead of 2133 i think it was??

Just now, CSGOaddict said:

XMP Profile

I have seen more issues here at LTT relating to XMP being on, than almost all other threads combined. Turn it off, see how your system behaves.

I have seen more issues here at LTT relating to XMP being on, than almost all other threads combined. Turn it off, see how your system behaves.

So should I try downloading GTA again and see if my system starts to crash to test that after?

15 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

So should I try downloading GTA again and see if my system starts to crash to test that after?

Please.

Also, you can pull up your task manager, and sort by CPU or Disk usage, see what's chewing up your resources.

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Please.

Also, you can pull up your task manager, and sort by CPU or Disk usage, see what's chewing up your resources.

Sorted by disk:

Steam Client Bootstrapper, "System", and "Antimalware Service Executable" and Chrome are at the top. Steam is mostly chewing on disk, system spikes sometimes.

CPU is consistently less that 13% in total.

Memory is less than 50% on total but anti malware executable is 313, which is the most right now, then chrome, then steam web helper and steam bootsrapper.

PC started freezing really badly as of writing this, and it was sudden, so i cancelled the download. It was still in the allocating disk space part.

ALSO IM GETTING AUDIBLE BEEPS THROUGH MY HEADPHONES LIKE IN THE LAST POST 

1 short beep, five seconds later, 4 short beeps. We thought these were mobo beep codes in that last post.

Im restarting my PC now.

33 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pc was performing poorly after cancelling download as well. Froze completely. Had to hard shut down but this time it booted up fine unlike other times where id be stuck on the asrock screen for ages.

EDIT: Pc still freezing with nothing but chrome on...

13 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Im restarting my PC now.

Finished reading your other posts. Sounds like a bad board OR bad RAM.

RAM can be tested with (and *only* with) Memtest86. If that checks out fine, then your board is likely bad

bad

Restarting for the 3rd time now. Downloading memtest.

6 minutes ago, CSGOaddict said:

Downloading memtest.

You will burn to CD or USB, and run for many many hours.

If the RAM is really bad, you should get errors almost immediately. Otherwise run until it completes a test. Report back

You will burn to CD or USB, and run for many many hours.

If the RAM is really bad, you should get errors almost immediately. Otherwise run until it completes a test. Report back

I already burnt it onto my flash drive. So i just run the test? Im gonna be on the forum on my phone now so we can still talk.

"Many many hours" ?? Hope this isn't extremely long lol

1 minute ago, CSGOaddict said:

I already burnt it onto my flash drive. So i just run the test? Im gonna be on the forum on my phone now so we can still talk.

"Many many hours" ?? Hope this isn't extremely long lol

Yup, boot your PC from USB.

Test, to be certain takes 24 hours *minimum* to clear the RAM, unless it's bad in which case you'll start seeing errors immediately.