Color Settings for 10-bit (8-bit + FRC) in AMD Radeon Software

In the past, I've only owned true 8-bit and true 10-bit panels. With those, I can obviously select its maximum color depth in the GPU's control panel.

However, I recently got the Acer Nitro XV272U (1440p, 144hz, 8-bit + FRC, with FreeSync).

How do GPU control panels show options for color depth when a panel uses FRC? Would it still show up as "8-bit" in the settings?

For my monitor, it can only do "10-bit" when the refresh rate is limited to 120 Hz, but I still don't have a 10-bit option when I check the Radeon Software settings.

I've also tried enabling "HDR" in the monitor's OSD, but there's still no 10-bit option in the drop-down menu of Radeon settings.

7 hours ago, genghisquan said:

In the past, I've only owned true 8-bit and true 10-bit panels. With those, I can obviously select its maximum color depth in the GPU's control panel.

However, I recently got the Acer Nitro XV272U (1440p, 144hz, 8-bit + FRC, with FreeSync).

How do GPU control panels show options for color depth when a panel uses FRC? Would it still show up as "8-bit" in the settings?

For my monitor, it can only do "10-bit" when the refresh rate is limited to 120 Hz, but I still don't have a 10-bit option when I check the Radeon Software settings.

I've also tried enabling "HDR" in the monitor's OSD, but there's still no 10-bit option in the drop-down menu of Radeon settings.

It is treated the same as a 10 bpc display.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/does-asus-make-a-27-1440p-10bit-monitor.3270479/#post-20376746