Mouse for productivity

Marecki

Hi all,

I'm a long time LTT viewer, coming here for help with buying a mouse. I came up with the following list of requirements:

-I don't care about about type of sensor/super gaming qualities/polling rate/high DPI/RGB - it's for office work, I usually use about 1300-1600 DPI settings.

-must be wireless, doesn't have to be low latency

-at least 60h battery life (100h+ preferred)

-as many reasonably placed programmable buttons as possible, with reliable software to manage them

-must be comfortable to use for a few hours straight (but I guess this is subjective). I have a large hand.

-I don't really care about 'smart' scroll features like Mx Master series has, but scroll wheel left/right click function like Performance Mx had would be good to have.

I've been using Logitech G602 for the last year or so, and it would be perfect fit if not for the software that keeps crashing, causing macro buttons to change to default settings (and yes, I've already tried reinstalling drivers, reinstalling Logitech software, clearing settings, changing USB ports etc., nothing helps).

Can anybody suggest an alternative? I found that most gaming mice have don't have sufficient battery life, and business models don't have enough macro buttons, so I'm a bit stuck. I don't really have any specific budget limit set, let's say the target it $100, but I can stretch it if there's a reason to do so.

MX MASTER 3!

you want battery life? 70 whole fucking days my dude.

you want comfort? It’s the best in the business!

software, no complaints 

all that for only 150 AUD. A really competitive price

I know you requested a wireless mouse (of which there are so many available), but since you are looking for a mouse with as many programmable buttons as possible, I would also suggest looking at a MOBA mouse (unless of course that is simply too many buttons for you). I have always gamed using a MOBA style mouse, not because I play MOBA games, but I have gotten so used to binding dozens of in-game and windows functions to my mouse I simply love using them with all their buttons. It's just that unfortunately there are no wireless MOBA mouses available as far as I know. I recently switched from the old Razer Naga to a logitech G600 and absolutely love it, its comfortable for me (its pretty large), has more buttons than you could possibly know what to do with including the left right tilt on the scroll wheel, and it's really cheap.

@Burnedice25 I've already tried Mx Master 3, but found that it doesn't have enough buttons for me, as gesture button is in awkward position for my hand, making it nearly unusable, and I couldn't find a way to incorporate side scroll wheel into my workflow.

@TheBahrbarian Unfortunately wired mouse is not an option, I tend to have a lot of stuff on my desk, so having mouse cable tangling with it is not something I'd like.

UPDATE: I've just found Razer Basilisk Ultimate, which seems to fit most of my requirements, but is a bit expensive compared to ~$50 G602...

UPDATE2: Logitech G604 appears to be direct update to G602, might be worth to try if the new G Hub software will be more stable than old LGS.